• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

JohnInHomestead
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin: Studio

I am going to preface this review with a note that I had sailed on Epic in August 2017 for a 7-day Western Mediterranean. That said, I boarded with certain preconceptions and expectations. This 13-day cruise across the Atlantic as a solo traveler gave me ample time to compare my previous voyage against today’s NCL Epic.

Embarkation in Barcelona seemed chaotic with little information being shared with passengers. Lines seemed to go on forever and it was rather warm when they left me standing in the sun. That said, I was onboard within 30-minutes of exiting my taxi cab, so overall, not that bad of an experience. It appeared much worse than it actually was.

The remainder of this evaluation is going to be by venue, show or experience.

Studio

Cabin T1

My Studio Cabin

My studio cabin, 11576, is the aft-most studio cabin on the ship. That made it easy to find, however, it seemed to take forever to get to the studio lounge. In fact, I believe I only went there three or four times and that was to pick up cookies for the room.

The cabin itself is like last years with the exception of wear and tear. My closet doors had been removed and that left the track that they moved on seem tattered. The double-slider over the “porthole” window rattled so I had to stuff a face cloth in there to keep them quiet.

Being in the back of the ship, this room shook a lot. I have a video of a towel animal; looks like it’s having a seizure.

My steward was Fan Li (pronounced Lee Fan). Being from China, she hardly spoke any English. She was, however, very good and I was sure to tip her well at the end of this trip.

Find a Norwegian Epic Cruise from $447