3. Oasis of the Seas
On Feb. 16 we traveled from Norway to Fort Lauderdale for a 4 nights pre cruising stay at The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. This hotel is close to the cruise port, and is a 4 star and rather expensive hotel. But still nice. Sat. Feb. 20 we boarded Oasis of the Seas. A smooth boarding process, took no more than 10 minutes. Coming on board Oasis was mighty. A huge ship, but still easy to navigate on board. Being divided into neighborhoods it was easy to find your way around. We had "My time dining", which is situated at the Opus dining room on deck 5. The first evening we were in a 45 minutes line waiting for a table. What`s this, we wondered. Not a good start. But it improved. The next evening and so on only a short wait before seating. But anyway, next time I go for traditional dining. The food in the main restaurant were superb. No reason to pay any extras for eating elsewhere. Actually I have no complains about any food on board. It was excellent. Our stateroom, Crown suite 1710, what a stateroom!!!! Expensive, but worth every $ spent on it. This 2 floor stateroom had a 50 `flat screen tv with bose speakers. Had beautiful art on the walls, colors on carpets and furniture were right and gave a delightful impression of the stateroom. Entertainment on board also excellent. The show in the new aft atrium pool was spectacular. Dives from far above to this small pool, it was nerve breaking. Every show on board that I had the pleasure to see was fantastic. The crew on board provided good service. Oasis takes about 6000 passengers, and on a sunny day at sea it can be a bit crowded on deck. With that many people on board the Windjammer cafe seems to be a bit small. But there are several places to eat your lunch, which makes this matter a small problem. The ports we visited, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau were all nice. But my number 1 issue with this cruise was to explore the ship. My conclusion is that Oasis of the Seas is up running. It`s a beautiful ship, lots of things to do, and the 7 days fly away. We were on cruise number 13, and I think some things will be improved during the next weeks, but it was almost perfect.

Oasis of my Dreams

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by egjesdal

egjesdal’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Crown suite 1710. 2 floor stateroom, excellent. Described in my review.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans