3. Sapphire Princess
We just came back from an amazing cruise onboard the Princess Sapphire! The crew on board was awesome. The Cruise Director Paul and his counterpart were great. The morning show on the TV was very informative, funny and entertaining to say the least. We had several great experiences on the ship: Pros: Employees were extremely friendly Food was very good, lots of variety Atmosphere was very relaxing Casino was enjoyable (won $1500) Rooms were clean, large and the bed was awesome. We were in a mini-suite. Port of Calls were very organized, easy on and off. never waited more than 15 minutes. Did not seem crowded at all. No lines anywhere more than 10 people. Lots of fun game shows/bingo/music and events. Cons: Embarkation from Southampton was delayed due to all the visa's needed. Showed up quite early and still had to wait almost 3 hours to get on ship plus we left and hour or so late. Cruise is geared towards the mature crowd. Probably not a good fit for the younger family looking for the big slides, characters and family entertainment. Bathrooms seem to smell quite a bit. Maintenance crew was always working on our balcony. Didn't want a bunch of people in my room while I was not there. Room key never seemed to work. Had to go to customer service about 8 times. This was a very enjoyable cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am really into the whole cruising thing now. Thanks Princess.

Amazing staff and relaxing environment.

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Spudweiser33

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We had several great experiences on the ship:

Pros:

Employees were extremely friendly

Food was very good, lots of variety

Atmosphere was very relaxing

Casino was enjoyable (won $1500)

Rooms were clean, large and the bed was awesome. We were in a mini-suite.

Did not seem crowded at all. No lines anywhere more than 10 people.

Lots of fun game shows/bingo/music and events.

Cons:

Bathrooms seem to smell quite a bit.

Room key never seemed to work. Had to go to customer service about 8 times.

Spudweiser33’s Full Rating Summary