3. Royal Princess
This was my first holiday in 20 years, flew around the world to embark on this holiday. this cruise was na expensive cruise with a lot of trimming for my last week to be ruined by the Princess tour operator that ran a segway into mine head on. the other tour operator knocked another tourist off his segway in the same tour injuring that tourist as well. please look into any tour you wish to do and the 100% guarantee that princess offers surrounding tour and what that entails, their tour their tour operator but they took no responsibility for the poorly maintained machine and their operators. I can say the food in the Horizon restaurant was outstanding as was the wait staff, the food in the dining rooms had little choice that never changed. the room was too small and stuffy for three people with one of the beds coming down over the balcony door which we then could not access the balcony in the morning until it was lifted or at night once it was down and or open the door to listen to the waves. the air conditioning in the cabin did not work properly and was too hot, but we could not open the cabin door to balcony due to the bed being in the way. Looks for a cabin that does not have a bed that comes down infant of the door. most of the ports were very good except for the Dominican Republic which was a terrible and Grand Turk.

Explore tours Princess offer before embarking on them,100% guarantee is false

Royal Princess Cruise Review by jdurrant

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Looks for a cabin that does not have a bed that comes down infant of the door.

jdurrant’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA E228
so we had a cabin that was constantly hot with a balcony the air conditioning was not working properly and the third bed came down from the roof in front of the balcony door which meant that when the bed was bought down we could not access the balcony and the door.
I had a engineer just walk through the room when i was wearing just a towel after a shower after complaining twice about the air conditioning
then whilst on a shore excursion two tourist on a shore excursion including myself were injured by the process cruises tour operator.
My eye was split open and my knee injured to the point i could not walk properly in the 2nd week of the cruise which meant we could not enjoy the cruise....and i had to cut my holiday short and fly straight home to get medical assistance.
The cruise nurse charged me 162.75 US dollars to glue my eye back together and 47 of those dollars was for a bandaid for my knee.
I requested a refund as the accident was the fault of the tour operator and they refused.
so i had to send an email to the travel agent and onto Princess cruises threatening to take legal action if they did not refund the medical expenses, only then was i refunded.
The guests services did nothing to help me at all with regard to walking and getting around, but the bar staff constantly gave me ice for my knee as it was twice the size it should have been.
There were many complaints from other guests as to the cruise and lack of service from guests services.
A murder / suicide happened just days before wee got onboard the ship and the victim fell onto the life boat from the 14th floor to the 8th floor outside our balcony, the life raft window was still broken when we got on board.
so now it is up to you to decide....the dining room food did not change however the food in the Horizon was excellent as was the service. however for a cruise nothing was open after 1230 at night and the ship was like a ghost ship.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins