3. Carnival Elation
This cruise was such a great time and turned out better than I thought it would. I have a few minor complaints but there were minimal compared to the awesome time we had. This ship is 20 years old but did not feel like an old ship due to the awesome upgrades it got last year. Guy's Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina were perfect alternatives to the buffet which I typically try to avoid. Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar were both excellent and offer a variety of drink options. All of the bars were great (get the Cheers package)! The new WaterWorks splash pad/waterslides were so much fun and even though we were the only adults on them at the time we had an absolute blast. Dining was great with excellent food and service. We did the Sea Day Brunch to enjoy a relaxing meal with excellent food but unfortunately our server was not very friendly and was very short with us. The shows were so enjoyable to watch even though they were exactly the same ones we saw last year on the Splendor. Hopefully Carnival updates them soon before we go again next year. The comedians were hilarious and were a great way to end the night. The lounges were very nice and offered all kinds of activities. I didn't really care for the night club simply because the DJ wasn't very good. The club was very nice and the drinks were nice and strong but the only music played was "gangster rap" music that was incredibly hard to dance to. Everyone on the floor didn't really know how to dance and most were standing around. I would have liked more party dance music like they play at the sail away and deck parties.

Such a great time!

AtotheJ’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E R162
Cabin was a perfect size. Of course bigger would have been better but we have plenty of room for our things, my wife had plenty of mirror space and there was room enough for us to get ready at the same time in the general area. Not big enough for us to be in the bathroom or hallway at the same time but hey, it's a cruise. That is to be expected. I did feel like the room was a little warm even though we had the air on full blast. We had a picture window which was great because when you have the curtains open during the day you have a great view and it makes the room look bigger.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Snorkel
    First of all you could literally do anything and have a great time at this port. This is the most beautiful island I've ever been to. Breathtaking! This snorkel excursion was a great value for our money. We spent 45 minutes in the water so we were back at the island around noon and still had plenty of time to enjoy the beach and the island. The staff weren't very friendly but they let us enjoy snorkeling without micro managing us. They had three lifeguards in the water with us at all times so we were very safe. Our dive spot was great because we were in the middle of three small reefs and could easily swim to each one to explore. The fish were gorgeous and swam all around you so there were times when I was completely surrounding by a school of them. The water is so crystal clear that you could see everything with perfect clarity. I would snorkel here again in a heartbeat.
  • Jacksonville
    This is such a great port to sail out of! Embarkation was the easiest process I've ever had on a cruise. We paid for our parking in advance and breezed through the line, found a spot and walked for less than a minute to the terminal. From the time I parked the car to the time I stepped on the ship it only took 22 minutes! And when we got off the ship we went to the baggage claim, got a porter to load up our bags onto a cart and he walked it all the way to our car and loaded it for us. Ship to car time was 18 minutes. I would recommend going out of this port especially when bringing children or elders because it was so easy.
    View All 101 Jacksonville Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Jacksonville Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Resort
    This waterpark has awesome decor and follows a cool theme everywhere you go. The slides are exhilarating and the pools were so relaxing. We picked an excellent time to go because the park was not crowded at all and our longest wait time was less than 10 minutes. With this excursion we got to walk through the aquarium which was thrilling and could walk down to the private beach to enjoy the ocean. The only downside was that it was very hard to get information for some reason. Any lifeguard or food worker we saw did not give us very clear answers to our questions. We would simply ask how to get to some rides and they would point and saw "that way" and continue doing what they were doing. We asked others park guests and got perfect instructions. Also, make sure you bring a credit card because there were only two places to get food that accepted cash and one of them was Starbucks. The lockers are also cashless so we had to hide our stuff in a secluded area because we couldn't get a locker.
    View All 664 Atlantis Resort Reviews