Emarkation Port close to our home city, Atlanta, Georgia
1. Ship needs dry dock and soon!
2. Tile floors near restaurants are cracked and broken, carpets are dirty, lights malfunctioning in elevators, I had to fix the "plug in" for the coffee maker, the ship is OLD, only 10 years old, and it shows it...
3. We were in a AFT balcony and the vibration when pulling in and out of ports was horrendous, so bad the cabinets over the head of the bed vibrated like they were going to fall. The glass windows on the BALCONY were never cleaned the whole cruise, the crew cleaned some but never finished and the rust is showing real bad...
4. Staff was not trained, for instance the line at the help desk was so long that the people would just walk up in front of the line and there was no one to "police" the line. When ship was releasing from port in Cozomuel, the crew while releasing ropes started pulling the wrong rope in, people were throwing chicken bones off the back of the ship into the water, and no staff to stop them. It was so cold in the TASTE restaurant we had to carry our beach towel with us to stay warm...And to top it off we got back into port at Canaveral on December 5, there were only 2 (TWO) Custom's Agents at the port trying to disembark over 4000 guest, IT WAS A TOTAL CLUSTER in the baggage claim area, almost missed our flight back home.
5. We did not buy the beverage package, my wife is "non-drinker"... A beer was $10 and a "double" drink was $22 (a single shot was $12). The ship no longer gives plastic straws, only paper and you have to ask the bar folks for them. It took 20 minutes just to get Sugar Free jelly and the tables were always out of the yellow package sweetener. The food on the dinner menus have become sub-standard.
6. We are Platinum Plus and never got a invite or a notice of any Captians Party for the previous guest, had to ask for our bottles of water...NCL has lost their management policies.
7. I rated Entertainment HIGH (VERY GOOD) that is because of "BURN THE FOOR" and "The Beatles Mania" shows were GREAT!
Cabin was kept clean and orderly but the steward seemed to be over worked, too many cabins to clean, he was always busy, we could see him in other cabins working hard every time we left out, but unless he saw us leaving our cabin, our stateroom would not get cleaned till sometimes 2:00PM...He thought enough of us to jump ahead and clean our room WHEN he saw us leaving, other than that he worked hard cleaning the rooms...Victor was his name, a great Cabin Steward!
Clean an well managed but not cheap...