DINING: We ate in the main dining room every night but one. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding! My husband was a huge fan of the french onion soup. We ate at the Pinnacle Grill one night and were disappointed. The food was okay (we both had crab legs) but it took a little over three hours for the meal and we never did get one of our sides. We cancelled a second reservation we had made for later in the cruise. The Lido buffet was great for breakfast. After the first couple of days, we figured out the perfect time to go so that it wasn't too crowded. Ate at the Dive In for lunch one day. Good burger and yummy fries. Most other days we just snacked a little for lunch. ENTERTAINMENT: Better than I was expecting. The Main Stage had two big production shows, plus a sneak peak on the first night of the cruise. The Billboard Top 100 show was very good. We did not attend the 1000 Steps dance show. There were several comedians, all pretty good (Bud Anderson was our favorite). Tom Franek, a pianist/comedian, was outstanding. We went to both of his shows. Mike Robinson was a great ventriloquist. We also saw him twice. The This is Aloha show when we were in Honolulu was very good and the crew show was nice. Our favorite entertainment was Lincoln Center Stage and B.B Kings. I was very impressed with the caliber of musicians at Lincoln Center Stage. We were at B.B. Kings every night they performed. Talk about talented!!! We did not care for the Billboard On Board performances. One of the pianist/singers was pretty good, but the other one was awful. I have two music degrees and taught music for many years, and I just could not listen to him, he was so off pitch. ACTIVITIES: Loved the Hawaiian ambassadors. The talks and crafts were great. Went to many of the talks and enjoyed them very much. We played trivia often (my husband enjoyed the music trivia and won several pins) and we played Bingo. I actually won! We also enjoyed some time in the casino. Walked almost every morning and I participated in the On Deck for a Cause 5K. SPA: I had a manicure, pedicure, and massage. The ladies were great. I felt no pressure to buy anything. SERVICE: Asst cruise director Erica was very nice. Good sense of humor. The shopping ambassador (can't remember her name) was personable and we saw her several times in port. Aimee in the Billboard lounge waited on us each time we went to happy hour and was as sweet as could be. Stewards Komar and Yusep were great. Enrique in the Lido buffet was a hoot. Really had outstanding service from everyone we encountered. HAWAII: what can I say? It was our first trip and we will definitely go back. I scheduled all of our tours through HAL since I was unfamiliar with the ports. We may branch out on our own next time, especially in Honolulu. There was only one tour guide we didn't care for, but overall, each excursion was great. We mainly chose "overview" type excursions so that we could see as much as possible. Most of them were in small groups, thank goodness! I don't mind sharing information if anyone wants to contact me about a specific port. SHIP: LOVED the Eurodam. The size was perfect and it was just beautiful! Would definitely sail on her again. Overall, this cruise met or exceeded all of my expectations. We will definitely be doing this cruise again!!!!!

Wonderful Cruise to Hawaii

School library lady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 4141
We had actually paid for a guaranteed cabin, category VF, but were assigned 4141, which is category VB. Cabin 4141 was perfect for us. It was right behind the elevators towards the aft of the ship. It was very easy to get anywhere we needed to go. The balcony was larger than I expected. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was just fine. Plenty of storage under the bed for all three of our suitcases. There were three electric outlets by the desk and several USB ports. We especially appreciated the ones by the bed. When we travel on the Eurodam again, I will probably request this cabin!
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour
    Spencer was the best tour guide of the trip. So glad I got to see Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls were gorgeous!
    View All 115 Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour Reviews
  • Great Island Circle Tour
    Nice overview of the city and the island. I wish I had booked the small group version of this tour, if there was one. I don't care for the large tour bus groups. Tour guide Gar was very informative.
    View All 26 Great Island Circle Tour Reviews
  • Mighty Mo
    Our tour guide on the Missouri was very good. Enjoyed our time aboard.
    View All 25 Mighty Mo Reviews
  • Pearl Harbor
    Pearl Harbor was just beautiful. The museums, the movie, and the trip out to the Arizona, even though we didn't get to go aboard the memorial, were so moving.
    View All 182 Pearl Harbor Reviews
  • Wailua River
    Did not care for the tour guide on this tour. But the fern grotto was beautiful and the other areas we visited were so pretty.
    View All 73 Wailua River Reviews
  • Cloud Forest Sanctuary
    Loved Kona. The hike through the Cloud Forest Sanctuary was a little strenuous, but it was beautiful. The rainbow eucalyptus trees and the blue marble trees were amazing.
    View All 5 Cloud Forest Sanctuary Reviews
  • Maui Tropical Plantation
    Most of the places we were supposed to go were closed due to Thanksgiving. A little refund would have been nice, since they didn't have to get tickets for those places. Our tour guide did her very best to make sure we enjoyed what we did get to do. She was great. Loved the town. The banyan tree was amazing.
    View All 37 Maui Tropical Plantation Reviews
  • City Tour
    It was raining when we disembarked in San Diego. But they needed the rain, so we didn't complain. Enjoyed seeing Balboa Park and Old Town. Didn't get to see much at La Jolla due to the rain.
    View All 30 City Tour Reviews