3. Celebrity Constellation
We chose this cruise due to the ports (Rome, Crete, 3 days Israel, Mykonos, Athens , Naples) and because we liked our cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette in January. This was my 15 cruise (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival, Holland America)and I believe the Constellation is my favorite ship so far. I enjoyed the easy layout and the general ambiance. It is not a party ship and in general I would say that the average age is 50+ and mostly well traveled cruisers but I'm looking to relax on a cruise. My favoite things about this ship: 1) The 3 story bow shaped window at the back of the Marco Polo dining room (fabulous views as we departed the ports) 2) The outside movie theatre. At the back of the ship deck 12 (go to 11th floor then walk upstairs) instead of being at the pool deck. Very nice comfortable lounge furniture. I was surprised with the sun out how well the movie still showed on the screen. 3) Theatre. Very nice size for this size ship, never had a problem finding a seat at either time frame. Nice mixture of entertainment. 4) The table/bar area at the back of the ship just beyond the buffet. Very seldom crowded, quiet place to eat and enjoy a mixture of covered and uncovered seating. 5) Very good ship's excursions and I'm not a great lover of ship's excursions in general but these were exceptional. 6) Many nice quiet nooks inside to sit and read or just converse with friends.

October 30 - Mediterranean cruise

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by ckorni1

My favoite things about this ship:

6) Many nice quiet nooks inside to sit and read or just converse with friends.
ckorni1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Ocean View 6
Cabin 06 2175
Our cabin 2175 was chosen to be low/midship because of my daughter's tendency to have motion sickness. It could have been a hotel room, we felt no motion in the cabin at all.
It was also ideally located between the rear and mid ship elevators/stairs. It was also easy to walk deck 2 all the way to the front elevators quickly
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Athens (Piraeus)
    Great tour of the city of Athens in general. Then went to the Acropolis (be careful here, steep climb up marble stones which, since it had rained the night before, were slick. Wear good climbing shoes!) but well worth the walk up. Temple of Zeus, then to town of Plaka. Great shopping experience, nice small restaurants we had cheese pie and baklava in one in was wonderful. Did a lot of our shopping here. All the shops were very nice, we could have stayed and shopped longer but they had a taxi strike while we were there so chose to go back to the ship with the tour. But if you can, I would plan a few hours walking around Plaka. Really wonderful place.
    View All 12,984 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Crete (Heraklion)
    Because the ship had gotten in late to Rome, we arrived here at 4:00 instead of noon so since our original tour was cancelled due to time constraints we choose this one instead. Our guide, Nikki, was wonderful. The Monestary was beautiful. It was nearly dark when we got to Chania but still we had a great walking tour. Would love to come back here and spend more time since it is a very large island.
    View All 12,984 Crete (Heraklion) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Crete (Heraklion) Cruise Port Review
  • Nazareth and Galilee
    We were in Israel 3 days and chose to use the same tour operator (GuidedToursIsrael.com) for all 3 days. Was very nice since we had mostly the same cruisers and the same guide. Very nice comfortable van, easy on and off.
    Went to Galilee, ate a wonderful Mediterranean lunch (fish/tilapia or chicken) at a local residence adjacent to the Sea of Galilee ($22 each but my daughter and I split a meal and just added on an additonal salad bar) It was plenty.
    View All 20 Nazareth and Galilee Reviews
  • Jerusalem (Ashdod)
    Same tour operator as in Haifa. Mount of Olives, Garden of Geshemene, Western Wall, Tomb of David, Church of Holy Sepulchre, Via Dolorosa. Lunch at local restaurant there in the market area of the old city served family style ($12 each). Went to Bethlehem, I wasn't sure about going over to the Palestinian side but it was a needless concern. We did switch guides here but our Palestinan guide was wonderful and so was the church. We heard the Moslem calling to worship as we left. Very interesting time, highly recommended.
    Lots of walking today on uneven terrain, many steps in the old city. Cannot recommend this to those with mobility issues, would be too hard to keep up with the rest on the tour.
    View All 12,984 Jerusalem (Ashdod) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Jerusalem (Ashdod) Cruise Port Review
  • Mykonos
    Beautiful port not cold but very windy. We were there Nov 7 and were told that the shops usually close Nov 1 but stayed open for us an the RCCL ship. None of the beaches were open (well, you could GO to the beach but no facilities were open so no restaurants, restrooms or chairs available) so we decided to walk around town. Beautiful town to walk around in. We ate at a local restaurant on our way back to the ship. Had great hummus and shared a gyro. To your right before you get back on your bus shuttle. Sorry cannot remember the name.
    View All 1,066 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
  • Naples
    Our best tour of the cruise. Had a couple of hours in Pompeii (could have stayed all day) then over to Sorrento to walk around town ate lunch at a local restaurant where our guide was eating (Margarhita pizza, US medium size $5 and linguini w/meat sauce $12--homemade noodles awesome!) Then we took a bus tour down the Amalfi Coast and back. Absolutely beautiful. Our guide Giuseppe (Joe) stopped periodically to let us get out and take pictures. We did a singalong on our way back. Lemoncella...sorry not my favorite!
    View All 12,984 Naples Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Naples Cruise Port Review
  • Rome (Civitavecchia)
    Our ship was late in arriving but ship authorized the tour to expand our time until the ship arrived. So our 4 hour tour turned into a 7 hour tour at no additional charge. Was so nice of them to do this since we didn't have to sit in waiting area like many of the other passengers did. Great tour, comfortable, good tour operator
    View All 12,984 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews