Riviera Cruise Review

Would I do a Transatlantic Again?

Riviera Cruise Review by enginebroken

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

Main reason for this cruise was two fold. First was to do a Transatlantic and Second was to see the Canary Islands.

My wife and I agreed that if we did not do the 3 days in Barcelona before the cruise it would have been a great disappointment. Not going to Canary Islands seem to be a fairly constant, if so why not go farther south to another island or a port on the west coast of Africa. Eight sea days are way to many. We found out that three couples have tried this tour three times without success to seeing the Canary Islands. One couple said this was their fourth attempt. I guess they never heard of 3 strikes and your out.

The staff and cabin were fantastic. The food excellent but not better then other cruise lines that we have been on. People kept asking us if the food was better on Oceania. We replied that a few dishes we had were but some dishes on other ships were better. I really hated that the staff had to put my salad together. I rather do it myself.

Entertainment was average. Would not take children on this cruise because I think they would die of boredom.

Found the staff very helpful even for the tours we did not take with Oceania. Debarkation was probably the best we ever had.

enginebroken's Full Rating Summary

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1 8098

Cabin was fantastic. It seemed wider then all the other cabins we have been in. The decore was probably the best we ever had and that includes the Regent Voyager. Lots of places to distribute your clothes and lots of hangers in the closet.

Barcelona

We were there 3 days before the cruise and got a 3 day pass for all the transit including getting from the airport to our apartment on La Rambla 102. Great place to stay, Check out their website, nicer and cheaper than a hotel. www.larambla102.com.

Alicante

Did it ourselves. It was a great day doing the city and fort.

Tenerife

Ship should have other options to go to different ports. Sounds like getting to Canary Islands at this time of year is rare.

enginebroken