• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Nadineh
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin:

My main purpose for the cruise was to view the Northern Lights.

Unfortunately, due to the prevailing weather conditions, I was somewhat disappointed - less than what I was expecting.

However, the amicability and interaction between crew and travellers, and between travellers more than compensated for this.

Cabin C

Initially I was disappointed in the size of the cabin, and I would have liked a double bed, or one larger than a single. A single is ok if it is not against a wall.

My cabin had a port hole & as I was on the side where we pulled into the various ports, I had 1st glimpse of the places - not so good when calling at ports during the night & small hours of the morning. I used wax ear plugs to minimise the noise as we prepared to dock - again in the wee hours of the morning. During the day it was not a problem.

I liked the tray that pulled out from the dressing table to form a desk - great for for my computing work.

I was pleasantly surprised at the bathroom/showers which were excellent with plenty of pressure & hot water especially with several hundred people on board.

1 Helpful Vote