3. Oosterdam
This was my first cruise on HAL. I was looking for a relaxing, no stress cruise and I got it! The only reason this is a four and not five star rating is because the ship is an older one and shows some signs of wear. But beyond that, everything was superior. We had a balcony room, and it was larger than what I’m accustomed to on a ship.The food was the best I’ve had on a cruise in a long time. The entertainment, especially the selections of music each night, was excellent! Best entertainment I’ve ever had on a cruise ship. The staff is consistently excellent. Very friendly and helpful, great attitudes. I am a young 64-year-old, and was initially concerned about how many elderly people were on the boat, but that too ended up being a lovely experience. It was a quieter, More peaceful cruise than I’ve been on before. One of the best parts for me was not having to watch people pile up and consume ridiculous amounts of food. These cruisers are polite, quiet, and good dinner table partners. Highly recommend this cruise.

Wonderful experience

sjmno’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VF 5069
Good amount of space. Nice amenities in the bathroom for storage.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins