3. Majesty of the Seas
Everyone chooses this ship because they want to see Havana. It's a very popular itinerary so like many others--by the time we booked only oceanview cabins were available. The cabin was so small that one person had to be on the bed while the other person walked down the narrow aisle to the desk and bathrooms. The bed was basically boxed in on 3 sides and if you aren't capable of climbing over your bed partner--then don't book on this ship. Did I say that the cabin was small--I think the smallest in over 25 cruises we've been on. And besides being small there was literally no drawer space. Everything had to either be hung up on the 8 hangers allotted to you--jeans, sweaters, bathing suits--everything. There were 4 small draws for underwear, socks, etc. We easily made friends with our neighbors on deck 7 because EVERYONE kept on commenting to one another: I can't believe how small our room is. Embarkation was remarkable for the long lines--maybe because of the added complication of Cuba visas. I don't usually go on Royal Caribbean--but I do go on other "value" cruise lines and I was continuously amazed by how much the line has cut back on and how much they try to nickel and dime you. No beach/pool towels in the room and everytime you got one of their thin beachtowels you had to scan your room key. Do people actually take those towels? There was room service--and a surcharge for everything except continental breakfast. The only place I could think of to even put a tray was on top of the toilet--(did I mention that the room was really small?) so we didn't try room service. Drinks were outrageously priced. After ordering our first drink and seeing the bill everyone said that there would be no more drinking on this cruise. Single shot drinks were $16 + service charges that brought the price up close to $18.00. (On day 3 of the cruise--suddenly there were drink offers--5 drinks for $35.00--I guess everyone else had curtailed their drinking also.) There were no cholocates on the pillow--no fruit available for the room. No free drinks in the casino even when betting $50-$100 per hand in BlackJack. No robe in the room. No surf and turf served on formal night (unless of course you wanted to pay a surcharge.) I had never before been on a cruise ship where lobster wasn't served on formal night at no charge. This was a very loud cruise--loud music blaring at the pool most of the time--and the pools were crowded, crowded, crowded. As were the elevators. Almost impossible to even get on the elevators except at off times. Come to think of it the only thing that wasn't loud was the sound on the football games shown on the Lido--they were muted so that loud music could be played. We ended up retreating to our small room to watch football or to the schooner bar which was overflowing with people. The waiters were very attentive and polite. Just got really tired of listening to speeches on the last day at dinner about how talented the chefs were and how we should rate everyone so highly. Just let us eat dinner please--it was only a 4 day cruise and the food was OK, not great. 50% of the menu was the same every night. Nothing special. I didn't like that "superior food" was available for an extra charge. Would have been uncomfortable eating "better" food than my tablemates. Cuba--everyone should go. But be prepared for lines getting off the ship and lines getting back on the ship. There's also a line for money changing. Don't stamp "Trump lives here" on $20.00 bills because the Cubans won't take that money. Seriously--someone in our party did that. More practically--make sure that your $20.00 bills looked normal--some had a green line across the bill and the Cubans wouldn't take those either. I forgot my voucher on the ship for a 3rd party tour and couldn't get on and off the ship in an hour, so I missed my tour. I did feel that the cruise director prepared us well for what to expect in Cuba--very good cruise director. I really liked the fact that this ship was a beautiful promenade that goes completely around the ship. Not sure why--but they turned off the lights on the promenade by 7-8PM and it was pitch black walking at the front of the ship. I thought that walking in a pitch black area was dangerous. Due to the fact that this was a 4 day cruise--there were a fair share of drunk folks on the cruise. My imagination was concerned that one of them was going to trip and fall overboard, or climb up on the dark guardrail and fall overboard or alternatively pitch someone over. And--did I mention that our stateroom should have been more aptly called a statecloset. Boy was it small. Almost hate to mention it --but maybe you can take advantage of the following until the cruise line reads this. In Havana you can buy liquor like rum and bring it back on the ship without it being confiscated.

Tiny, very small, miniscule cabins

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Misty5757

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Misty5757’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 4N 7000
Small and no significant place to put the clothes that you unpack from your suitcase.
Deck 8 Outside Cabins

• Tropicana Cabaret
    An entertaining spectacle! Enchanting with all of the white twinkling lights watching a Vegas style show on stage. Very well done. My only criticism of the show was that the music was 95% Cuban caribbean and it all started to sound the same after a while--and I love Latin music. Like anywhere else--they try to get you to buy drinks buy only bringing the rum included with your package to your table when the entertainment begins. Don't forget to take the rum with you when you go.
    View All 70 Tropicana Cabaret Reviews
  • Nassau
    Too much hustling when you get off the boat. Great if you like walking to shops from the boat.
    View All 5,950 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews