• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

MSC Divina Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Very nice ship but the food was terrible and late night entertainment lacking!

Review for MSC Divina to the Western Caribbean
deanopt
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

This was my wife and my honeymoon and we were really looking forward to good food and lots of dancing. Following are our thoughts on each category. Hope this helps anyone looking to have an enjoyable vacation.

Ship

The ship is beautiful other than the dining rooms which I believe are poorly designed compared to other ships I've been on. The staff is excellent and accommodating and always willing to assist. The only other real complaint I have is that the elevators are in an offset configuration which means you have to stand way back from them to see all the indicators and then the doors close so quickly, it's difficult to get to the elevator before they close.

Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin O1

The cabin was very nice, reasonably spacious and our cabin steward was excellent! Well decorated, well accommodated and the bed was quite comfortable.

Port Reviews

Ocho Rios

The Jamaican people have no issue with ripping off foreigners and show no desire to make people want to come back to visit Jamaica.

Miami

Miami is nice but too big a city for my taste. My wife liked it though!

Cartagena (Colombia)

The old city is wonderful and the fort is great. Wonderful little restaurant across the street from the McDonalds and Burger King. I would go and stay here!

Colon (Cristobal)

Dirtiest city I have ever been in but some of our fellow passengers went to Panama City and said it was beautiful.

Puerto Limon

The banana plantations are enormous and the islands vegetation is dense and lush. We just took a ride around the area and went to the beach which was nice.

Cozumel

Cozumel, which I've been to multiple times was very nice as well but one warning, if you're going to rent a car or scooters, do it online ahead of time with a reputable agency, otherwise, you may get a broken down piece of junk for the same price. If you rent a car or scooters, you can go see the sights and then go relax at one of the beach clubs like Carlos and Charlies where the food is excellent, San Francisco Beach or Paradise Beach Club. You'll have a great time on the beach there and it's only about 20 minutes from the cruise ports.

4 Helpful Votes