3. Carnival Ecstasy
I have to tell you this was the best trip we've ever taken together alone without kids. And my hubby is now a cruise lover too. Drove down from Humble to Galveston, went to the EZ Cruise lot where I had made our reservation on line and was asked to follow the bus to their 2nd lot. Followed them over after waiting on them for quite awhile and parked, shuttled then to Embarkation. Wasn't too bad but did seem to take longer than my last cruise. Was so exciting walking onto the ship. We were able to go right to our cabin and drop our stuff off in our room then head to the Lido deck for some food. I do believe we tried to eat the 15 times a day that Steve Cassell our cruise director said was possible. Our cabin was wonderful. Only thing I wish we'd had an ocean view but finances said otherwise. It was much more spacious than the one I shared with my sister on the RCL Majesty in September 2009. The food on the Lido was ok, we had a hamburger, etc. from the grill. I was so excited about the ice on the ship. Not quite like Sonic but close!! Walked the deck for us to depart. Awesome seeing them turn that ship around with a derrick so close. Our first day at sea was fun. We ran around and did a few things, sat on the deck and met some crazies. Went to the Cruisin with the Crazies meet and greet. Then had our formal night, which was also our anniversary. Dining room was wonderful. We had late dining in the Windstar. We had wonderful staff who used our name through out the whole cruise and knew exactly what I wanted to drink and that i had a cappuccino every night with dessert. Food was good and OK. Mostly good however. Steve Cassell is a great cruise director and a heck of a fiddle and violin player. The shows were good. I didn't particularly care for the final show as it seemed really off kilter, weird and the female singer was screaming not singing. The country show was fantastic. Talent show had good and bad of course. The trivia contest in the Metro bar was NOT trivia it was mind challenges. False advertisement!! Overall we had a great time, wonderful people, good service, nice time and new friends. We are looking forward to our next one (hopefully sooner than later). I'd go Carnival again in a heartbeat

30 Years of Wedded Bliss on the Ecstasy!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Grammy2ThreeGirls

Grammy2ThreeGirls’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

• Cozumel
    WE had planned to do our own thing in Cozumel, take a cab ourselves, etc, but after our bus excitement we decided to do a bonafide excursion. $150.00 later we are signed up for the Playa d' Maya beach deluxe excursion.
    This was the best port we stopped. Looked around at the shops while we waited to hike to our bus that was taking us to the resort. It was wonderful. Nice a/c bus ride, walked to our chaise, got an umbrella and had my first margarita within minutes of getting there. BEAUTIFUL beaches, fun games, everything imaginable to do. Great facilities, Mexican buffet and all inclusive. LOVED IT. Will do this one again.
    View All 6,872 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Progreso
    This was ok. My husband loved it. We went to Chitchen Itza or however that's spelled. The ruins were interesting, great tour guides, long bus ride, lousy bagged lunch, lots of walking and the Mexican police stopping the bus and wanting to see our passports made for an exciting trip back. I am not the history buff my husband is and can only say so many times NO to the vendors. It was also hot but interesting.
    Scared me to death though when bus was stopped and made us late back to the ship. Progreso/Merida is a poor poor city. Made me thankful for home.
    View All 472 Progreso Cruise Port Reviews