MSC Seaside Cruise Review

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by Tom Ford

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

This is my 17th cruise. We booked with extended family, so ship choice was made for us. The ship is beautiful. The captain and crew were very approachable, friendly and made time to talk to us on more than one occasion. I have to say that was the BEST Cruise Critic party I have ever been to, especially since the captain and all the officers attended, they asked questions and cared.

This was the largest ship we have experienced. The formal dining for the most part, was fast. We had great experience getting drinks. The good news and the bad news is he filled my and my mother in law's wine on a regular basis, without being asked, LOL. Buffet on 16 was easy except for first port day. The ship had to turn around for a medical emergency after we left Miami, which made us late for the first port. Everything (buffet, tenders, excursions) was backed up, which means big crowds and long line. To save a life, worth every effort, would not change a thing!

The ports were just what we are used to. The variety of excursions were perfect. We opted for two MSC excursions. The beach day in Cozumel was WELL worth the cost. The place was so large, it could handle twice the people, service and food buffet was just fine. The jumpy thing in the ocean was LOTS of fun for all. We opt for a catamaran on every cruise. The a Jamaica catamaran (Chukkar) was not up to par, could easily streamline the entry process, too much unnecessary waiting. The other thing was they kept telling us they were the Best... Hmm... when you say that, who are you trying to convince?

On board they had a ton of fun things. Since we had so many family, we spent a lot of time on our 3 adjoining balconies. If we were alone, we would have done more shows, visited all the bars and went in all the hot tubs. There were a lot of them and they never seemed overrun with people. We went to the White party and a few more ship parties (Black, returning guests and cruise critic) as well as had a meetup with the Fb people. The ropes course was fun, I did it. We did the improv comedy, that depended on the audience a bit as to how funny it got. We did some trivia too.

All in all, I would book again.

Tom Ford's Full Rating Summary

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 13240

Great cabin steward, he really cared about our experience. He got all the items we requested, cleaned the room in record time and overall very nice. Everything was clean and worked.

I am not sure if that was our cabin category... I got the room number right, so you can extrapolate from there.

Tom Ford