• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom

A friend and I cruise 1-2 times a year. We are loyal to NCL as we've worked up to platinum status and appreciate the few perks. We've been on smaller ships in the past as they had iteneraries we wanted. Our previous cruise was on the Epic so I can only compare it, and last's week's Getaway cruise for large ships. We are both cruising mainly for a chance to rest from hectic jobs. Here are a few things I noted on the Getaway.

Size - Having around 4000 passengers, it's obviously busy. They seem to have it well managed though. Other than the Garden buffet, we never had to wait in a long line for anything. I have to add that we don't hurry off to shore, if we even get off. We prefer to have a casual breakfast and get off after the crowds and tours are gone.

Embarkation/Disembarkation - Being Platinum, we were able to board quickly. The only thing that slowed us down was stopping to fill out the health forms required. We took some extras to have filled out ahead of time for the next cruise. Disembarking was easy. We only do carryon luggage so we can skip the bag hunt. This time we also used the NCL airport transfer to Ft. Lauderdale airport, after finding it was a reasonable $25. We were given a time and color call and walked straight off, showed our passports to security and found our bus. The wait to fill the bus was about 5 minutes and we were off.

Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom