3. Carnival Glory
For me, this cruise was all about being on the cruise on my 50th birthday. That being said, it was an amazing cruise and also just happened to be on the Glory, which is the first cruise ship I ever cruised on. Being my 50th cruise, I definitely splurged on my cabin. We had the Captain’s Suite, and had two different cocktail parties on the huge balcony. Our cabin steward, Sang, was great. He went above and beyond getting the different glasses and ice bucket’s and what not for my cocktail parties. The ship itself is seeming a little older. It doesn’t seem like Carnaval is keeping up their ships the way they used to. That is a little disheartening, since I really only cruise on Carnival and would like them to quit cutting corners. It seems like they just cut a lot of corners now to save money on different things. I was shocked to learn that my Stewart had 33 cabins to deal with. I guess that’s why now they ask you if you want to service once or twice a day. I realize carnival is probably the least expensive cruise line, but it would be nice if they had the same standard they had 10 years ago when I started cruising. That being said, overall, my cruise was amazing. The dinners were great in the dining room, and the night we had in the steakhouse was absolutely amazing.

Great cruise

azjeffy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Captain's Suite
Cabin CS 9203
This cabin was amazing! The Suite has a living room, bedroom, two bathrooms, (one with a Jacuzzi tub) and a huge balcony with a lot of furniture. One of the great things about this cabinet is that it has two air-conditioning units, ne in the living room and one in the bedroom. That was really nice, because we had to sleep with the doors shut to the bedroom because with the motion of the ship they kept slamming. It was nice to be able to control bedroom temperature independently.

There are huge picture windows in the living room that face forward which have an amazing view, the only downside is that you have to keep the shades closed at night as you are right over the bridge. I guess the glare from the room creates a navigation hazard.

One thing that would’ve been nice, is it for Stuart had given us a little tour about things we need to know about the cabin. For example, when we got there both air-conditioners were set on heat, I have no idea why, I just know we could not get the cabin cool down. Once they give us instructions on how to use the thermostat, a cool down nicely. The other thing we had problems with was the Jacuzzi tub. There’s no instruction on how to drain the tub. I know that sounds stupid, but It sat for hours full until our steward showed us how to drain it. You don’t actually unplug the drain, you twist what, in the United States, is the tub overflow. On the ship, that actually releases the drain. It was very bizarre. LOL

Here is what could be considered the one downside of this cabin, well of the balcony. I read going into this, that there is no privacy on the balcony, and let me assure you, there is not! We stood out there talking to the people in the cabinet next to us several times, as they are literally inches from your balcony. It is not a huge deal, but you do need to be aware of that. There is also no privacy for any balconies near you, as you can see on the balcony probably 5 or 6 away and 3 to 4 floors down. And yes, let me assure you, people walk out on their balconies naked.

For me, I did not care about the privacy too much, having that balcony was definitely worth it! The balcony also had two lounge chairs, two club chairs with a small table and 4 dining chairs with a small dining table.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Kon Tiki Boat
    this was an amazing excursion, we all had a great time. The beach the Kontiki took us to was absolutely amazing, and the boat ride itself was very fun!

What kept this review at a four-star instead of a five-star or was that the guy gets on the microphone and tells us we should tip 15% to 20% of our ticket price. Don’t tell me how much the tip!
    View All 63 Kon Tiki Boat Reviews