3. Harmony of the Seas
I cruised on the Harmony of the Seas November 25th thru December 2nd. This was only my second cruise ever. My first one was last year on the Carnival Vista so my review is mainly based on comparing the two experiences. I will group my review into sections in case someone just wants to skim through it. AIRPORT TRANSFER - 1 out of 5 stars Don't do it. I wasn't planning on it, but someone in our group purchased it for all of us. It cost $30 per person and involved waiting for 40 minutes at the airport to then get on a 20 year old coach bus, which took us to the terminal. The terminal is about a mile and a half from the airport! There was 4 of us, so the cost was around $120 round trip, so $60 each way. While waiting at the airport I checked Uber and it would have cost us under $20 for a Uber SUV with a 4 minute wait time! Bad start to our trip and a horrible first impression of Royal Caribbean. The return trip was a bit better, but we still waited on the bus for around 20 minutes for it to fill up. THE SHIP - 5 out of 5 stars The Harmony is an amazing ship and definitely more upscale than the Carnival Vista. Our stateroom was very nice and especially the bathroom was much nicer than on Carnival. Many bars, restaurants, and things to do. We were able to find 4 empty pool chairs next to each other at any time and in any part of the ship! The only time it felt crowded was after shows when everyone was leaving the Royal Theater or Aqua Theater, which I think is completely normal and to be expected. The pool decks were pretty much empty after 10pm and we got to have a hot tub to ourselves every night. This seemed very strange on a ship that carries so many passengers. After midnight the Promenade and all other parts of the ship seemed empty as well. The casino was never overcrowded at night. We never went to the night club so maybe that's where everyone hung out at night? It didn't seem like there were many kids on the ship and the ones we encountered were very well behaved and not a problem. THE FOOD - 4 out of 5 stars Contrary to many reviews on here, we thought the food in the Wind Jammer was fine. Many healthy options including salads, fruits and vegetables. Perhaps its a matter of expectations. My expectations were pretty low after reading all the negative reviews here and they were exceeded. Also contrary to most reviews on here, we never found the Wind Jammer to be crowded. There was a long line to get in at your typical 12-1 lunchtime so we either ate at a different time or went somewhere else. There are many other options. Not sure why someone would wait in a long line and then complain about the place being crowded. The Solarium was a great option for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Park Cafe was good as well. We used the coupon we got from Costco and went to Jamie's Italian. We were amazed. The entire experience and the food was excellent. Totally disappointed with Johnny Rockets. We also had a coupon from Costco to eat there for free. Thankfully it was free, because the food was horrible. Onion rings stuck together. Super greasy burger. Chilly Cheese Dog that looked nothing like we expected. We thought the burgers and fries at Small Bites were a lot better. ENTERTAINMENT - 5 out of 5 stars The Fine Line was AMAZING! Definitely see the show early, because as other people have stated, it often gets cancelled due to the weather/wind. Grease was great. Columbus was pretty bad. Went from ok, to weird to extremely cringy/embarassing. Turns out the whole thing was basically a Royal Caribbean advertisement. I read many negative reviews about it so my expectations were very low. If I went into it blind, I might have left towards the end. Our Headliner show was Earl Turner. Very entertaining and funny guy. CRUISE DIRECTOR - 1 out of 5 stars I wanted to comment on the cruise director Michele separately since I thought he was horrible. I'm sure that Royal Caribbean does customer research and the whole cruise director concept is catered towards what the majority of their clients want or expect. Firs of all, he was barely visible. I think it was day 2 of the cruise when I found out what the cruise director looks like and what his name is. He didn't seem to be a big part of our experience and he was also not very charismatic. The reason for my review might be that Carvinal set the bar very high. Our cruise director on the Vista was Matt Mitcham. Matt was unreal! Seeing him around and hearing his voice (deep voice with a British accent) was a big part of the whole cruising experience. He danced, he sang, he partied... He is definitely one of a kind and after doing some research it looks like he received a cruise director of the year award which is well deserved! THE DRINKS - 5 out of 5 stars We had the drink package and the first thing we noticed that you don't have to sign a receipt for every drink you got, as opposed to Carnival. This was awesome! The package already contains 18% gratuity and getting a receipt with an "additional tip" line seems like your being pressured into tipping more. We only got a receipt a couple of times in the casino bar. The alcohol selection was great and the drinks were delicious. Definitely not watered down, which we suspected Carnival of doing :-( OVERALL - 5 out of 5 stars The categories I rated lower didn't have a huge impact on our overall experience, which was fantastic! I might not go on the Harmony again (just because I would prefer to try out a different ship) but I would definitely recommend it to others.

Overall 5 stars with some minor issues