Norwegian Star Cruise Review

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by SeaBP

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

This cruise was a Thanksgiving outing with my wife, sister and brother-in-law. The itinerary was great, with ports of call at Aruba and Curacao, two of my favorite Caribbean islands. But the vacation was marred by the most confused boarding I have ever seen in my 23 cruises and by mediocre food. The last night's dinner was particularly bad, with all of us complaining about our meals in the dining room (I complained the least, as my salmon was at least edible; my sister sent one prime rib back and gave up on the second, ordering the salmon instead). Great way to send passengers off the ship. At least the Thanksgiving meal was good. The internet worked well, but Norwegian sells minutes; I prefer days. The unlimited package is very expensive. The casino seemed a little friendlier than many other ships I have played on. It was a good cruise, but the food and beverage director has a lot of work to do to bring up the quality of the vittles.

SeaBP's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5580

Cabin was clean and comfortable, with the best bathroom I"'ve seen for a cabin like this on any ship. One quirk: only a single 110 volt socket. Bring appliance adapters for the 220 volt sockets.

SeaBP