3. Navigator of the Seas
Before giving my negative experiences, I want to say if you can't have fun on a cruise there is something wrong with you. We are platinum on Norwegian, but we were wanting to be diamond on Royal , so we booked this nine day cruise. We arrived at the port at 10:00, hoping to board by 11:30. Our status gives us Prority boarding. The boarding was horrible!! It was like herding cattle. The cameras were broken! And we didn't get on until 1:00!!! On the first day, we like to eat in the main dining room. It wasn't open. We had the Promenade inside room, which means we had a window overlooking the Promenade. This was really nice. We had the greatest cabin Stewart--- Camilla Trindade. She was wonderful! She was always there to help you and she always had a smile on her face! I have a C-PAC. She got me distilled water and an extension cord. I like to hang my shorts, but I didn't have enough pronged hangers. She brought me 10 more. EXCELLENT SERVICE!! The first Sea night we had a reservation at Chops. The appetizers were excellent. I had the shrimp cocktail and the crab cake. The shrimp were huge and the crab cake delicious. Then came the horrible steak. We got the 12 oz Ribeye ordered medium rare. It was well done. We sent it back. The second one was even worse! It was so thin--- no where near 12 oz. It was tough and well done. The next Sea night we ate at Giovanni's. We didn't like the appetizers , but the filet Mignon was EXCELLENT! It was cooked to perfection! We complemented the chef. We had already made reservations for our third night at Chops. The head of all the restaurants just happened to be at Giovanni's that night. We told him about our experience at Chops. He was wonderful! He told us he would change our last reservation to Giovanni's and he would allow us to get the appetizers brought to us from Chops. When we ate our last meal at Giovanni's everyone asked how we got those appetizers and we said, " Just Ask" We only took one tour and that was with Bonaire Vista Tours. Our tour guide was Joli and she was excellent. It was well worth the $35 per person. Now our other negative experience. We went to the Cruise Next desk and Erwin made our reservations for our next cruise on Norwegian in January. We also signed up for a Royal Carribean credit card. He was to have transferred all our on board charges to the new credit card, which he didn't handle correctly which we found out when we were disembarking. (which I will discuss later). Since the cruise in January was so close, we had to pay for it in full. That night I got a certificate from the Casino for $100 off the price of my next cruise. The next day I went back to Erwin twice. He said that because we had paid in full he couldn't apply the $100. I went to the casino host and he told me to talk to the head of the Cruise next desk. After three visits to Cruise Next I finally got it applied. Since you have to wait forever at the Cruise Next Desk to be helped-- this was a waste of my last Sea day!! I have to say the I like was Royal Carribean does in the main dining room for lunch. You can order from the menu or go to their Tutti a Bar or both. This is where you can have them custom make a salad the way you like it and you can fix your plate from a variety of entrees. They have an antipasti table. They have a table with all kinds of desserts, including a chocolate fountain and a sundae ice cream bar. I really enjoyed this. One night in the dining room, they have lobster. You can get as many lobsters as you want. On Norwegian they no longer serve lobster. One night they had baked Alaska, which I haven't seen on a cruise in years! Now to the horror in disembarking. It is always so easy on Norwegian, but it is a horror on Royal. We take SAS transportation to and from Fort Lauderdale and the port.( They are excellent!). But if you are after 10:00 you risk having to wait 45 minutes for them to pick you up. If you are through customs before that you don't have to wait long. With Royal you sign up for a time to disembark. We chose 9:00. We were number 17. 9:00 came and went and they hadn't called our number. They had stopped calling numbers at 15. Finally at 9:30 the girl suddenly called all numbers under 25. This made it a mad rush for 10 groups being called at once. When we finally got up to the station where they scan your card, they wouldn't let us off the ship because they said we hadn't paid our bill. We tried to give them the info over the phone, but they wouldn't allow it. We had to go up to customer service to sign for it to be paid. This was Erwin's fault. No one had called us or left us a message that there was a problem with our bill. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!! Then we finally get off the ship, the escalator to customs is broken. We had to wait forever for a elevator to get us to customs. A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!

Horrible experience boarding and disembarking!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Vegaswoman

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Virtual Balcony

Vegaswoman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Interior with Virtual Balcony
Cabin 4U 8279
We loved our room overlooking the promenade. It seems larger because of the window.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins