3. Carnival Sunshine
Just got back and had a fantastic time! Somethings that I read and my thoughts on that: "Ship was rocking worse than others I have been on" It's a ship!! I personally love the motion and slept like a baby. However my wife and son were sick the first night. Again it's a ship in the middle of the ocean. We were running hard to make Aruba on time and taking 45 knots of wind across the bow. She was movin! "Food is poor" Everyone on our group (5 adults and 5 kids) loved the food "Dining was slow" We had my time dining and again with a large group of 10 that ate at a different time every night, we never felt it took too long. "Felt crowded" My understanding is our cruise was sold out. I never thought it felt crowded. Always managed to find enough deck chairs for our large group. We saw most of the shows and never had an issue with seats. "Entertainment was so so" I'm not a big show person, though others in the group are and felt the shows were very good. I did (as always) enjoy the love and marriage and quest shows. I enjoyed 2 of the 3 comedians, I didn't care for the magician. My personal thoughts: Onboarding was VERY smooth, no reason for Faster to Fun. Cabin steward was adequate and always provided what was needed though he had a very dry personality. The cabin itself was very clean and beds were very comfy! Shower pressure was surprisingly good. The ship just coming out of dry dock I thought would have had a little more spit and polish though it was clean and crew were always cleaning. It is an older ship. Water features were fun though the scoring system for the racing slides was not working. Slides are super fast! Guys burgers never disappoints, Pizza was ok, DELI was GREAT, Buffet was plentiful and dining room was good. Overall a very good value for the money and we had a fantastic vacation looking to book a future cruise!!

Do your research and understand what to expect and you will have a GREAT time!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by thall1717