3. Carnival Valor
This cruise was celebrating our 36th Wedding Anniversary. And, we were not disappointed. We chose cabin 1103 by the Spa. Which was an excellent choice. The balcony and room were perfect for two people. And, best of all, we had an absolutely WONDERFUL steward. His name is "Made". Pronounced Ma-Dee. He is from Bali. From the moment we entered our room we felt pampered. Not only that, bu Made went the extra mile and cleaned our room twice a day. Each time he would make wonderful animals with towels that were just beautiful and enchanting. Made went the extra mile to ensure our anniversary cruise was the best it could be. He went above and beyond to ensure we had ice, fresh linens, information on happenings on the ship, Water, sodas, and our Anniversary decorations. Made took pride in his work, and it showed. My wife and I became friends with Made, and hope one day to visit him in his home country, Bali. Carnival Valor, if you read this review, you should give Made a promotion and a raise. He's earned it in my book. The food in the steak house was absolutely AWESOME. If you go, you owe it to yourself to eat there at least once. You'll be glad you did. Make reservations ahead of the cruise, because spots fill fast. The food in the regular dining was also good. Our dining room was the Washington. Our waiter/server was Ricky. Ricky was fantastic! We never wanted for anything, or had to ask for anything. It was like Ricky could read our minds, and was just THERE instantly to take care of our needs. If you get Ricky for a waiter you will have one of the best waiters there, and consider yourself privileged. He's awesome. Be careful of the art auction. They'll pass out so called bid vouchers for raffle prizes, and they allude to the bid vouchers being good toward a bid on art. Be careful. Read the fine print. We won a voucher for 100.00, and thought it was good for bidding on any of the art they were auctioning. Well, it wasn't. It was only good for specific art that was to be framed and shipped. So, when I bid on some art it cost me more than anticipated because of not being able to use the voucher. This seemed deceptive to me. And, quite frankly it pissed me off. And, it was one reason I did NOT go back to buy anymore art. I don't like being deceived. The gambling was fun. We one 225.00 on a penny slot machine. And, we one 80.00 playing bingo. So we had a fun time gambling. The shows were FANTASTIC. We watched some of the adult comedy shows, and couldn't stop laughing. Those guys are hilarious. The singers and dancers were awesome as well. The country show was great, but the most spectacular show was the American Rock and Roll show. Holy smokes! The performers were AWESOME! Our cruise director TJ was pretty great too. It seemed as though he was everywhere, all the time. And, that was a good feeling to know our cruise director took an active part in making sure we were entertained. TJ was funny, energetic, and a great entertainer. We loved him! If I had to nit pic on things there are only two things in the room that were annoying, and one thing on the ship that was annoying. For the room, the small fridge didn't work. That was ok though as Made kept us in ice the whole trip. Also, the tv didn't have many channels to chose from. So, not much to do in the room. Well, maybe a little, lol. And, on the ship, it got very annoying having the folks in the fun shops constantly trying to sell us stuff. We mostly just wanted to look, but were constantly interrupted with sales pitches. That was annoying, and did in fact run me out of some shops. I won't spend money where I'm pressured. Oh yea, speaking of pressured, the art sales crew sent us THREE invitations to the final art auction. We didn't go for two reasons. First their deceptive raffling of bid vouchers that you couldn't use, and second because of high pressure sales. Frankly, they angered me with that. And had we not been as nice as we are, they would have gotten a piece of my mind. Please advise them to stop with the high pressure sales and deceptive bid vouchers that you can't use.

Our Steward "Made" made our cruise absolutely WONDERFUL!!

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Marty Ley

Marty Ley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

The cabin was spacious enough for two people. The bathroom was large enough so as you didn't feel cramped. The king bed was very comfortable. The linens were always clean and fresh. The small fridge didn't work though. So, our steward brought us ice twice a day.
"Made" was an excellent steward. He took exceptional care of our needs while on the cruise. We absolutely loved having him as our steward. The only improvement I could suggest would be the tv channels. They were very limited. It would be nice to have more tv channels. And the fridge needs replaced for one that works.
  Carnival Valor Deck Plans