3. Allure of the Seas
We traveled as a family of 3 with our teen age boy. Will definitely do it again. Very impressed with how everything is so well organized including embarkation and disembarkation. It was our first cruise trip. Just want to share some tips with other first timers about this ship/trip. 1. Do not bring extension cord. We followed some Google advice and brought one, which was taken away and kept by security until disembarkation day. 2. There is no self-service laundry on the ship. 3. Bring some cash with you for extra tipping, Casino, & excursions. 4. Definitely check-in online and get your luggage taps and set sail passes to save A LOT of time on embarkation day. 5. There are two formal nights. People do dress up and there are a lot of professional photo opportunities. 6. Book as early as possible My Time Dining. At the same time though, we never had a problem walking in without reservations (except the Thanks-giving night). 7. Purchase photo package online in advance to get 20% saving. We loved our photo package (digital) and spent extra $100 for all print-outs. 8. Book the shows and purchase Internet access w/ discount early online. We loved Mama Mia, Aqua, and Ice-game!!! The Blue Planet was not bad either. 9. Bring a water bottle. I don't like to drink warm tap water. I fill it up and put in the fridge in the Cabin. You are NOT advised to fill water bottles at restaurants, but I did see people do it. 10. Drink package... If you want to have alcohols on the ship, definitely get one in advance online with discount. I think the refreshment package is a waste of money. If needed, classic soda package is probably enough for the family and kids. 11. We stopped @ St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, and Labadee. We used Bernard's Tour for St. Maarten. We didn't book anything for PR and Labadee. Definitely bring water shoes for Labadee since the beach was a bit rough. The Dragon Flight @ Labadee is a bit pricey but a once in a life-time experience. 12. Do not miss the SUN DECK on Deck 14, hidden gem... 13. I am not a fan of Windjammer's, but do check it out since it does have a lot of variety

Tips to first-time cruisers

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by wujun1974

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony Accessible

2. There is no self-service laundry on the ship.

3. Bring some cash with you for extra tipping, Casino, & excursions.

12. Do not miss the SUN DECK on Deck 14, hidden gem...

wujun1974’s Full Rating Summary