3. Norwegian Epic
This ship is not very attractive looks like a block of flats. We had balcony cabin 8079 which has the bed nearest to the balcony, this is the best configuration as the toilet and shower are either side or the door as you go in then the sink is opposite the sofa which isn't very comfortable so if you can choose your room make sure the bed Is furthest from the toilet you don't want to be sleeping within touching distance! There is plenty or storage in this cabin wardribes\drawers\behind the couch the suitcases wen under the bed no problem we had the IT range. Restaurants were fine I felt that as it is anytime dining in the main ones you got a service not necessarily the best as you had a different table\waiter every time you went. I personally don't like anytime preferring to have an 8.30 seating. Sunbeds well what can I say we were in transatlantic so every few days they put the clock back an hour so e were awake at 7 so hubby thought he would go up to have breakfast he came back saying we had better get some sun beds they had almost all gone! We always found a couple up in the balcony but you had to be at the pool by 9 or you had no chance. Shows ! Had read beforehand to book the shows and this worked well but some of the entertainment like at the headliners comedy club you had to queue to get in I felt I spent all my time queueing. Due to 4100 people being on board it was always crowded the public space was not big enough we never got a seat in any of the bars as they were too small. They had an LGBT informal get together at the back at h2o which we only noticed as I was the only woman at the bar but who cares we got served pretty quickly and they had a great 80's night here and everyone we spoke to were very friendly. This is also where the white party is held. We had bad weather going to St maarten so had to go to Antigua instead couldn't arguecwith that we had a tour round the island for$25 each what a lovely island. St Thomas the usual farce if having to wait to be called to see US immigration would definitely book a higher floor next time we docked at 10 but weren't called till 1 to queue again for over an hour to get our passports stamped. The higher floors and people in tours were called first. Overall this cruise was ok was clean just had too many people for the public areas and there is no promenade deck. I would only go in this ship again if it was a very good deal and wascgoing somewhere I wanted to go. Would I recommend this ship? No basically too crowded and cabins were small there are better ships out there I have been in the jade and spirit and these flow much better.

Lovely ship too crowded

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Marshyx

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
This ship is not very attractive looks like a block of flats.

Marshyx’s Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BC 8079
This was starboard side so did not get sun book a port side. Deck 8 this was on the hump so we had a large balcony but it was exposed to decks above so not private.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins