3. Norwegian Breakaway
Not really a lot to be thankful on this cruise. Over all the cruise was a 5 out 10. Way too many kids on the cruise and not enough supervision. Freestyle crusing really isn't freestyle when you have to make reservations for everything. NCL staff need to be friendlier with guest considering we are paying a lot for their services. Here are just a few things from my notes. 1. Room was dirty upon arriving. This was resolved. 2. No honors to Veterans. Just a get together. 3. Freestyle crusing but you need to make reservations ??? 4. Harvest Caye was too commercial. No added value to cruise. NCL gets you on island to charge you for everything. Free water sports would have been nice. 5. Hard to get into shows. If reservations were needed why let everyone in for the hypnotize show early. No seats available. 6. The Manhattan Room staff were not very friendly. 7. DJ John was very rude to me and others. One example was he was playing songs for all the young crowd but would not take a request for salsa night. 8. Music at other venues wasn't that great either with DJ John. 9. Too many people on ship for Thanksgiving. This is probably on me. I should have booked at another time. We were a party of 6 thinking we could have a nice Thanksgiving vacation. 10. Too many kids running around and not being supervised by parents or staff. 11. Adult area should be for ADULTS ONLY! I only heard one person speak up about that in the pool area. Kids were allowed to get in hot tub without supervisor. Kids that were like 7 and 8 years old. Hot Tubs were over filled. I can see maybe 8 to 10 tops but they had 15+. 12. The ship on the top deck by pool seemed to be overcrowded not enough space. 13. We weren't told if we could use the Vibe space. 14. CruiseNext staff were rude. I was explaining my situation to Carolina and waiting to book another cruise. I was waiting in line to get back with her but she sent me to another person. I had to explain everything again and the staff person Sammie Joe Davison looked at me with a weird face as if I was a bother to her. Not happy about that experience. 15. Cost are outrageous. You pay alot for the cruise but really don't get any added value. How about 1 free drink??? 16. You can't bring Coke products or purchase coke products. You are forced to buy Pepsi products. 17. You can bring a case of your own water. 18. Excursion prices are too high. 19. Need to clean better in the restrooms. 20. Recommend not having Costa Maya as a port. They place is a dump and excursions are way over priced.

Thanksgiving Cruise :-(

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by RicoRanger

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom

Here are just a few things from my notes.

1. Room was dirty upon arriving. This was resolved.

2. No honors to Veterans. Just a get together.

3. Freestyle crusing but you need to make reservations ???

6. The Manhattan Room staff were not very friendly.

8. Music at other venues wasn't that great either with DJ John.

10. Too many kids running around and not being supervised by parents or staff.

12. The ship on the top deck by pool seemed to be overcrowded not enough space.

13. We weren't told if we could use the Vibe space.

17. You can bring a case of your own water.

18. Excursion prices are too high.

19. Need to clean better in the restrooms.

RicoRanger’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+

Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom
Cabin IE 13xx
Overall the cabin was fine for the entire trip. Service was much better after the first day. It would have been nice to meet our head steward.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins