Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by GGHSRSAIRRS

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

First, New Zealand is beautiful and well worth the effort to get there but the radiance of the seas is sub par. Furnishings are dated & many are in dis repair. For example, the first chair I sat in in the Colony Club was broken & cabinets in our cabin were chipped. Also the seal on our portal showed a lot of rust.

We went to the Quill & Compass for a drink & they did not have the first two beers on the menu my husband tried to order & I asked for a special Bloody Mary , also on the menu, but the bartender couldn’t make that either. The food in Cascades was just barely adequate. The one bright spot was the Chefs Table which was most enjoyable.

The side trip in Dunedin was a mess. The first part on the Taiegori rail road was pleasant but the city tour was disappointing. The driver would not take us by the famous octagon & we also had only a half hour in the museum. Some one finally asked the driver to go back by the train station so we could at least see the outside.

The entertainment on the ship was a cut above a high school production. And the chairs in the Aurora Theater were also worn. The “comedian” whose show was called Identity Theft was particularly lame.

One other positive was the spa. I had an excellent facial from Paula from Spain & a nice shampoo from Mariya from Bulgaria. However when I went into the rest room the very tiny sink was also chipping & rusted.

We are frequent/seasoned travelers. This was our first cruise on Royal Caribbean and it will be our last. I talked to other passengers who felt the same way.

GGHSRSAIRRS's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 3N 3026

Layout was ok but towels were frayed & some were stained. Furniture was chipped & decor was dark & dated.

Taieri Gorge Railway

Train ride was great. Our hosts were wonderful. But the city tour was poor & we didn’t get to see the octagon & had only half an hour in the museum

View All 68 Taieri Gorge Railway Reviews
Christchurch City Tour

Too little time in Christchurch but the home visit to the Millars at Manderley was really wonderful

View All 44 Christchurch City Tour Reviews
Taste of Marlborough

Spy Valley winery was very good.

View All 18 Taste of Marlborough Reviews

Our visit to Hamish’s home was truly delightful. See my review on trip advisor for prinsy’s tours

View All undefined undefined Reviews