• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

dustyroadrunner
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah

We wanted to see as much of Australia as possible in a brief time. We also went to Tasmania, which was a bonus! Best shore excursions were in "The Bush" where we got to look around for kangaroos and koalas in the wild.

Though I am not a big drinker, I enjoyed not having to pay attention to the drinks I was ordering and once I gleaned on to it, I enjoyed trying the "featured drink" listed on the daily newsletter.

We felt the entertainment was mostly too late after days hiking around all day - but we tend to go to bed around 10:00. Our friends enjoyed the live lectures, while I preferred watching those later in our cabin.

Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah

Cabin B1

Balcony was nice, though due to rough seas we didn't get to use it as much as we would have liked. We would have liked to have had an option for less frequent maid service on some days as we tended to feel like we were in the maid's way - making for a less than relaxing time in our cabins.

Closet doors rattled in rough seas - I had to stuff a sock in those doors every night, just in case.

2 Helpful Votes