3. Carnival Inspiration
Never going back--even if free So there are good things about this cruise. 1. SOME of the staff were very nice.The guy who cleaned our room was amazing-super friendly and always greeted us with a smile. The girls working the excursions. . BUT we had a few VERY BAD THINGS. 1. The FOOD WAS HORRIBLE across the board. It was like bad, cheap mall food and there was hardly any available. The food at dinner was a little better, but two nights, I didn't even eat because it was so yucky. Cold, soggy, smelled "off", and it was obvious that it was premade. In the Mardi Gras room, I tried to eat there twice with no luck. Bad service--one guy got really mad that I didn't want coffee and the next day the guy kept bringing me the wrong food. They tried hard, but it was bad. Room service was lackluster and they charged for everything. 2. There wasn't much to do on the ship except drink and since so much of the ship was filled with smokers, it was bad. 3. They didn't explain anything to us and when we asked we got yelled at. We were very confused much of the time (it was our first cruise)*** come back to this. 4. Excursions were very expensive and they were super unorganized--getting off the ship etc. It was chaotic. 5. The "safety" thing was just the cruise director taking roll and telling us what shows were coming up. And he mentioned that kids had armbands. We would have been screwed had anything happened. 6. Our stateroom was FREEZING. I had on three shirts, a sweatshirt, two pairs of thick socks, a hat, gloves and a scarf and got under the covers. There was no way to warm up. The shower was lukewarm. So we FROZE. It was warmer on the deck in the rain and 50 degrees. I caught a really bad cold and was coughing. It was so uncomfortable. When I asked the man who cleaned our room he said that was how it was. It was like camping, outside, in the winter. This was probably the thing that was the hardest to deal with. 7. The internet for $59 was super slow and you couldn't even access the app without it. Only one person can be on it. 8. The hallway and room smelled like rotting feces at all times. (E78) 9. We were by the atrium where they had parties and loud music and games from early morning til midnight or later. THE WORST WAS this one lady at the guest services. We asked her how to disembark on day three--we thought we should know. She started immediately yelling at us to "turn on the tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when I explained that on the Carnival TV channel there was only ads and a cartoon explaining how to put on a life jacket she got more angry. She told us to TURN ON THE TV!!!! IT WAS ON THERE. Then I suggested that the rooms should have a book or something with information like hotels do---she got upset again. She demanded to know why we were confused. I said that for example we had no idea where to eat or anything and that's when she lost her mind. She literally said, "JESUS CHRIST!!!" and then called me a B**ch Then put her hand up and refused to answer any questions. We were then AFRAID to ask anyone anything. I was in tears at that point because I hadn't eaten all day (due to the lack of food choices) and just wanted an explanation of what time we could leave on Friday morning. There was no need to be nasty. I even explained that it was our first cruise. I left in tears. I asked a man in the hallway to see a manager and he told me that there was no such thing on Carnival cruises and that guest services were the boss. I explained what happened and he said that was up to them how to treat people. Then I said, "so you could verbally abuse me and no one would do anything, not even the captain?" He confirmed. I was crying. I went outside to sit on deck nine to calm down, because there was nothing we could do to get help. I got locked outside for 45 minutes. :( I don't know if I will get a lawyer because of he behavior, but honestly verbally abusing guests is UNCALLED FOR. Also she NEVER told us how to do anything. I went down there at 3 am and asked someone else. To end on a good note, the guys in the dining hall were amazing. Once we figured out where to go and went there every night at 8:15, they went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed. Sadly this was our honeymoon and because the stateroom smelling like poop, being about 50 degrees, and being called names and cursed out. It ruined it for us. I am drafting a letter---the old fashioned way and mailing it to them. I hope they refund at least half or it, but even if they do, we aren't going back. It was really, really, really bad. PROS: some of the staff, and the people we met, the comedy shows were good, the entertainment shows were good. CONS: Food, some of the staff, freezing & stinky rooms, no hot water in shower, general confusiong, loud parties outside our room.

NEVER AGAIN. DIRTY. FREEZING ROOM. HORRIBLE SERVICE

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by stephnewyork32

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
Never going back--even if free

So there are good things about this cruise.

BUT we had a few VERY BAD THINGS.

Room service was lackluster and they charged for everything.

8. The hallway and room smelled like rotting feces at all times. (E78)

I got locked outside for 45 minutes. :(