3. Oasis of the Seas
This was our second cruise ever and with the first one being the worst the quality at the very least had to go up. And did they ever go up. Seems like we went from the worst to the best. The cruise aboard the Oasis of the Seas was spectacular with no major complaints. Our cabin steward, Edgar, was absolutely outstanding. The staff were always friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful. I was surprised that even with a ship the size of the Oasis of the Seas there was noticeable movement during the cruise. Nothing major, just noticeable. We saw the Oasis of Dreams Aqua Show and was impressed by the skills displayed. However it really appeared to be a string of displays with no plotline to speak of. I think it would be better if it actually told a story rather than it be interpretive dance, diving, trampoline, synchronized swimming, et al. Dramatic narration would have helped. Don't get me wrong, the skills exhibited were quite entertaining on their own but I think it could be much better. We got the inclusive photo package so we took advantage and had a ton of photos taken. We could preview them at kiosks located in the photo area above the promenade. You needed to check often because the digital photos relied on facial recognition which turned out to be not all that reliable. We kept finding photos of others who looked nothing like us. Also the hard copies of the photos were well organized into folders which you could check during open hours but sometimes you'd find other people's photos. Both issues easily resolved. They had their system well organized despite a few misplaced photos. The food at all the restaurants was very good. We tried almost all of them available and enjoyed the variety. I forgot one lesson...don't order seafood on a ship. It's a letdown because its not fresh. Not bad, mind you, just not fresh. For example, I got a pasta dish with calamari and although the pasta and sauce were both good, the calamari was rubbery. Other than that, the food was outstanding. There are more things I could present but I'll just stop here. I do recommend cruising aboard the Oasis of the Seas and I hope to cruise on the ship again in the future.

A most enjoyable cruise!