3. Crown Princess
We chose this cruise because of the value and the incredible destinations. Princess offers some of the best destinations at sea. We had a great trip and I will say that Princess treated us far better than any other cruise line I've been on. They actually upgraded us to a balcony room free of charge upon arrival as a honeymoon gift. We also were granted dining credits and $100 onboard spending credits. This was awesome! We had the best dinner ever at the Princess Grill (specialty dining). The filet was absolutely perfect and so was the lobster. We left there with our bellies quite full. Also we got to experience their new luxury mattresses and they were AMAZING! So comfortable and we always got a good nights rest. Nothing like the sway of the ocean to put you to sleep. I also loved how long the ship stayed at each port (they give you cold water and a facial wash cloth upon arrival ). The pools were great! It was so nice to have a freshwater pool and not have to worry about getting a mouthful of salty water or burning eyes. A nice plus was that they had an adults only pool that was usually pretty empty! Cons: This ship needed some upgrades. It seemed like the decor was outdated and the dining rooms seemed dull. (we often asked to be seated next to the windows). Also, the included food was subpar. When we cruise we usually LOVE going to the dining room for breakfast on sea days and we went once on this cruise and were highly disappointed with the minimal selection. The buffet had better breakfast offerings, but even that was disappointing. The buffet was maybe the quality of a 2 star diner. I often felt that I was scrounging for lunch options that I enjoyed on this ship. Luckily most of our days onboard were at a port and I was able to get food off the ship (this gets expensive). The pizza station and burger station were meh. Not anything memorable. I ate at both once and it was enough for me. The international cafe was the ONLY 24 hour food option and it was bleh. There was remade sandwiches and pasta salads. Very minimal options when late night hunger hits. There were a few good nights in the main dining room when they served lobster and shrimp. Also the escargot was to die for! We were also hugely disappointed in the lack of entertainment available. We usually like to go to all the entertainment possible on our cruises. We found that we were back in our stateroom by 9-10PM bored watching movies or sitting on the balcony or spending too much in the casino just to ward off boredom On previous cruises we have had great cruise directors that get everyone hype and excited to participate in games on board. Not the case with this cruise. Didn't even know who the director was and the nightlife was non-existent. It's true what they say about it being a floating nursing home. Bingo is really your only entertainment option and it costs money.

Honeymoon on the Mediterranean