3. Nieuw Amsterdam
We had a a group that ranged from kids to seniors on a Thanksgiving Cruise. We are avid cruisers but had never been on Holland America. We all loved it! The food was amazing and the entertainment was better than we expected. The evening music options were fantastic. The ship was kept immaculate and had the most attentive crew onboard. They definitely had less of a party vibe and a more relaxed, calmer mature feel to the ship. I heard that there are plenty of kids on board when it’s a holiday or summer. I enjoyed the quieter aspects of it but could see how a younger adult crowd might want a little more excitement. The kids club was fun for the kids but very basic as far as the activities planned. It was a mixture of games with a little arts and crafts mixed in. Their private island was fantastic with plenty of beach chairs and a gorgeous beach and view.

Great family trip

Ages 10 to 12
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F 1056
Roomier than expected with lots of storage. I was surprised at the extra storage under the beds and the shower tub was nicer than I expected.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins