3. Carnival Liberty
We choose this cruise due to proximity of our Thanksgiving Holiday and timing of the trip. We ignored some of the less favorable reviews hoping they were exaggerated. Boy was that mistake. Day one, we get food poisoning from the Pizza. Ended up puking in the room for the first 24 hours. Told half dozen staff members about it. Nobody seemed to care. Nothing was done to address the problem that I am aware. Did not even receive an apology from anyone. I also observed that most of the hand sanitizers were empty around the ship as I tried to use them. The food in general was a huge disappointment. Buffet was mostly salad bar without good toppings. No cheese or bacon bits here. They did offer large bowls of plain kidney beans, garbonzo beans, sliced cucumbers and plenty of radishes but the ranch dressing was always empty. The semi-edible food like tacos and seafood cost extra, including room service. Soup was watery and the meats looked like pre-packaged lunchmeat from the grocery store that was laid out on a slab. The burgers were literally the only thing we could stomach. Those were served from noon to 6pm only. Ice cream machines were often empty and not once did I see an actual cone available. We ended up eating ours from coffee cups. If you like toppings, better bring your own and after 7pm they only offer one flavor. The rest of the deserts were in the back of the Lido with a sign on them saying "buffet closed". In other words, never available. Breakfast meat was literally cut up hot dogs with what looked like left over peas from the night before, not kidding. Gross! I went for a bamboo massage which they charged almost $200 for. The facility was a far cry from spa like. The locker room reminded me of my high school gym locker. They did not offer a robe for me to change into for my service. I was shuffled into the massage room and asked to hang my stuff on a hook on the wall next to the shower stall. The therapist raked bamboo over my spine and it ended up bruising a vertebra so badly that I get a severe migraine headache. I was confided to my room for 48 hours before it subsided enough for me to leave. I reported that incident four times over a two day period before anyone bothered to call and ask me what happened. Don't get me started and the so called entertainment. Build-a-bear was the big event one day. One musician in the casino was playing guitar against a recorded track. At one point he just gave up and let the recording play solo. I actually had to walk up and ask him to start playing his guitar again. The piano player asked for requests and then did not know how to play any of them. Rock music on the back of ship was blaring from what sounded like blown speakers. I think the smoke eater in the casino was broken as you could smell the cigarettes smoke on that entire floor and on the steps leading to that deck. There were three female violinists that were lovely to listen too. That was literally the only pleasurable entertainment experience we had. The facilities themselves were very sad and not well maintained. The backs of the booths were falling off. They napkins actually looked like used oil rags, as pictured. The closets smelled like other peoples dirty clothes. We assuming the bed sheets were very clean as they reeked of bleach. Gift shop was devoid of anything I would want to have, cheap quality all the way around. The caliber of this boat is beyond bad. Rude people, nasty old boat, terrible food and rotten entertainment choices (except for violinists). We actually felt like prisoners trapped in a nightmare we could not escape from. We couldn't leave fast enough. I wouldn't wish this vacation on my worst enemy.

Awful Experience!

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Habituer

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Habituer’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8319
Only one small bar of soap in our room, one plug and no liner in the trash cans. Don't expect lotion, mouthwash or any other pleasantries either. There was some toxic smelling shampoo and body wash on one of those plastic pumps attached to the wall that dripped all over everything. No conditioner either. Towels were very scratch and quite small. Shower water was tepid warm. You will need to bring your own robes as none are offered on this ship.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins