3. MSC Seaview
i chose this cruise based on it being a short break around the Med and because I wanted to try MSCs new ship. The embarking process was a bit long but relatively well organised and didnt take too long. as they were directing everyone into the buffet at lunch as you can imagine it was rammed and it took a hile to find a table. The cabin was spotlessly clean but we didnt get the beds separated into 2 individuals until after I had called a few times to guest services ( I was travelling with a friends ). Being an avid traveller of Norwegian and Royal Caribbean I expected to meet the cabin steward on the first day but it took a few days ( of a 4 day cruise ) to figure out who our steward was. We ordered choc covered strawberries which were mushy and not very appetizing. If it is out of season dont offer them. I guess that was my fault though. The ship itself felt like the layout was confusing but every area was spotless and very impressive. The shows in the theatre could have been better and more entertainment could have been offered as I felt like we were only being offered half of what could have been. The food was ok but I was left with an upset stomach after the second night in the MDR so stuck to the buffet. You have to try and avoid peak times at the buffet as otherwise finding a seat is quite some feat. I have had better food on other cruises but it was ok in general. Not impressed that they charge you for everything. Even 7 euros for a film to watch as otherwise you are stuck with news channels and there was a huge queue at Guest services on the last day as they automatically charged 34.99 euros per person to your bill for the welcome photo whether you want it or not so be warned. Disembarkation was an absolute shambles. No organisation whatsoever and there were at least 200 people queuing up in the staff areas of the ship waiting to disembark and people pushing in and arguing etc. Having said all this I would travel with MSC again but be better prepared for what to expect though after my experience on Seaview I think there is a lot to say for smaller ships

I expected more than what I got

MSC Seaview Cruise Review by Nclfan1981

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

Nclfan1981’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaview price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 11041
The cabin was superb, great view from the balcony, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Mt only negative would be that the hot water in the shower fluctuated often from nice and warm to scalding hot so have to keep an eye on that.

The bed was comfortable and in general happy with the cabin but i feel there could have been a lack of wardrobe space had I been on a weeks cruise.
Aegean Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Genoa
    Lovely place to call. A bit chilly, not unexpected for the time of year so decided to pay 10 euros to go on the tour bus around town. A great way to learn more about Genoas history and to see the main monuments. Would like to stop there again in warmer months to enjoy the town a bit more
    View All 398 Genoa Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Genoa Cruise Port Review
  • Marseille
    Unfortunately there was a manifestion on in France regarding fuel prices and so we were advised by MSC that all shore excursions would be cancelled and a free shuttle bus provided to take us as far as possible into town.

There was a bit of bother around town but nothing major. Understandable why the excursions had been cancelled though as a lot of main streets were blocked off due to the protests. Still a nice walk around the cathedral and christmas market.
    View All 822 Marseille Cruise Port Reviews