3. Crown Princess
I am a senior with mobility issues. Since I cannot “jump around” dancing ,exploring ports, etc., I buy a cruise for the beauty of the ship, quality of the food and entertainment, comfort of staterooms, quality service and price. I have never in my 34 cruises,12 with Princess ,experienced such poor menus and poor selection of foods in the traditional dining room, the buffet and especially the almost extinct breakfast room service. I pay a lot for the privilege of cruising and resent the fact that I now have to purchase “SPECIALTY DINING “ in order to enjoy a decent meal. The food offered now , while you won’t starve, is what I could get at home, pizza, burgers, and....potato soup?? So why should I continue cruising with Princess for this? I was told by the customer service manager that “this is the way it is”. “The cruises have become less expensive than it was years ago, and now you get what you pay for”. Even though I am one cruise away from earning ELITE level, I have already canceled my pre booked Hawaiian cruise. I will not cruise PRINCESS again” The entertainment was very good with several production shows. The scenery and multiple costume changes added to my enjoyment. There was a show highlighting Frank Sinatra as well as one for Nat King Cole. My favorite production was the “operetta” with broadway show numbers. Also onboard was a mentalist from the America’s Got Talent Show. There was a nice selection of ports on this itinerary. I had To miss Martinique and Grand Turk, however, because the piers were very long and there was no shuttle service. As I mentioned before I have mobility issues and chose to stay on the ship as a result. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, except for the head of customer service, who I found was very condescending, as well as the only available Future Cruise planner. Would you believe there was only ONE to accommodate 3500 passengers? We had to wait a very long time, over a three day period, to talk to her about our future cruise. When I poked my head in the door to her office to ask if I needed an appointment, she replied, “ No, but I don’t make appointments because IT TAKES AS LONG AS IT TAKES” when I told her I was waiting a long time. She could have acknowledged us when I heard her clients tell her we were waiting outside her open doorway. Because of the food selection problems and poor attitude of the “upper staff” That afternoon we decided we no longer wanted to cruise with Princess again and will cancel our pre-deposited cruise to Hawaii.

NOT cruise quality food.

Crown Princess Cruise Review by MISTYCOCO

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

MISTYCOCO’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA L254
My Lido balcony room was very nice except for the bathroom, which was very small. The shower, was very tiny with a curtain that kept leaking water onto the floor if you moved your arms to shampoo your hair. You had to shut off the water, open the curtain, and lean over through the opening in order to wash your legs. There was no hand-held shower for rinsing.
The supplied shampoo and bath soap were in dispensers on the shower wall.

The room had only one chair under the desk. We were told Princess removed the other chair because the room was too small. This meant we both had to sit on the bed to have our coffee, watch TV and get out of each other’s way while moving about the cabin.

The bed was great though, like laying on a marshmallow , so fluffy, cozy and warm!
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins