ms Serenity Cruise Review

Good but disappointed.

ms Serenity Cruise Review by Grandpapa

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

Having done many ocean cruises we decided to try a river cruise and this itinerary was ideal, we were fully escorted from St Pancras and the escort/guide was very good.

The food in the first week was very good, comparable with sea cruising without the wide choice of menu however for the second week was not quite as good. Lunch was initially served in the dining room but was then changed to the lounge which wasn't so good because one was sat in arm chairs rather than at a table.

We had pre-booked an excursion package and some of the excursions didn't live up to expectation although others were very good.

The entertainment in the evenings wasn't very good, just a Romanian chap playing a keyboard and singing in broken English the same songs every night. There was a quiz night organised one night which was good and properly run.

The biggest disappointment was on the last evening when we had gone for dinner in the middle of packing I must have left my Kindle out in the room because when we went to leave next morning we couldn't find it anywhere. I reported it to reception and his response was what did I expect him to do, I also reported it to River Cruise Line but they were not interested. I don't think it would have been the maid who took it but we know other people had access to the cabin.

This has certainly whetted our appetite for doing more river cruises but possibly not with River Cruise Line.

Grandpapa's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Promenade 303

Small and cramped with beds that were folded up during the day, as this was our first river cruise we only have ocean ships to compare against.

Next Review