Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review

Disappointed with ship but enjoyed certain entertainment.

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by BeautyRN08

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera

Last year I took a 3 day cruise with Carnival Victory. I’d have to say I was disappointed this year with Carnival Inspiration as I compare it to last year’s cruise because: The ship needs updating badly, there were not enough adult activities during the day, in the adult only deck section (which is extremely hard to find)- there was no bar, guest services was unfriendly along with several bartenders, the food was subpar in the buffet area, there were no areas where food was offered during non-meal times (which Carnival Victory had and I hear a lot of other ships do too), the safety check in Muster C was a waste of time because you couldn’t see the person on stage demonstrating or hear the overhead announcement for safety instructions, you also couldn’t hear the overhead announcements while in the cabins so if you’re not in the hallway or a common area- you don’t know what they’re trying to tell you. I would say Orlando (cruise director) and Alvin (Orlando’s assistant) did a PHENOMINAL job with entertainment. I wish they hosted more activities during the day for adults though, because there were hour stents when there was nothing to do but sit at a bar or on a deck (it was a bit cool, so we barely used the deck). Jodi (stand up comedian) was GREAT and had me laughing so hard that I cried. Mon (our housekeeper) was OUTSTANDING. Mon had great customer service and attended to our request quickly. I was also disappointed there was not a deal on he pictures. Not even the day we left the ship. There were just so many times that I didn’t feel there was adequate customer service. Next year, I’m not sure I would give Carnival another try because I hear so many great reviews about Royal Caribbean. I would like to express how great of a time I had during the horseback riding excursion in Ensanada. Jose was our guide and he did an AWESOME job. All the men at the horseback riding place were personable, made sure we were safe during the ride through the mountains and provided us an overall meaningful experience.

BeautyRN08's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Ocean view R101

Just ok

Los Angeles

Process was average. Staff were not friendly, but they weren’t mean either.

Horseback Tour

Jose (our tour guide) and his team was GREAT! They ensured we were safe during the tour, provided us with education about the area, Jose was comical and the time spent after the tour to snack, have a drink an take pictures was awesome as well. The scenery was priceless... Everyone was really nice!

View All 8 Horseback Tour Reviews