3. Norwegian Bliss
We have sailed on Norwegian cruise lines every Thanksgiving for the past 5 years. We have been on the Epic twice, the Escape, the Getaway and now the Bliss. After each cruise, we have sent in comments on the post cruise survey about things we believed NCL could improve on. Well, on this ship, clearly we were not the only ones with the comments, as they have truly addressed any of our comments from prior ships. First of all, the placement of smoking areas were so that non-smokers would not have to travel through smoking areas during their trip. The casino now has a self contained smoking area, so you could actually enjoy the casino as a non-smoker without the awful smell. (No offense to smokers, but I just don't like the smell). The cabin bathrooms were incredible Double sinks with longer countertops - huge bonus! The walk in shower with multiple jets was amazing, and I am definitely going to look to install one of those at home. The Observation deck was such an amazing touch on this ship. I loved the fact that you could sit inside, enjoy a drink, some snacks, listen to music and enjoy the sights of the sea. This was a wonderful place to gather as a family and play card games as well. I did miss the fact that they did not have a dueling piano bar. That has always been such a fun outing for the entire family. They did replace it with more comedy shows, and both comedians delivered fantastic performances. The Beatlemania concert was excellent, as was the condensed version of Jersey Boys. Havana was my least favorite performance, however they did have some great musical numbers. The NCL on board app had vast improvements as well. It never lost service like the old version. My only suggestion to them would be to add an audible noise to alert you of any incoming messages. We ate in Ocean Blue, La Cucina and Le Bistro as our specialty restaurants. All 3 were very good. Ocean Blue involved an added upcharge in addition to using one of our specialty credits, and although I enjoyed my food throroughly, I would not pay the additional fee to try that one again. The Laser Tag experience was enjoyable for the entire family. If you would like to use the Laser Tag and Go Carts on board, I would suggest booking those at one of the touch screens around the ship upon your arrival, as the slots book up fast. Our go cart timeslot was rained out, however we were able to secure a ride on a standby basis a few days later. If you have never sailed Norwegian, and are looking for a great ship, the Bliss is the way to go.

Norwegian Hits a Home Run with the Bliss

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Jenn2408

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony (Connecting Stateroom)

Jenn2408’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony (Connecting Stateroom)
Cabin M8 11192
Beautiful cabin with a layout conducive for 2 adults and 2 children ages 11 and 13. I prefer the bed closer to the back of the room, as it gives you more space upon entrance into the stateroom. Amazing bathrooms on this ship!
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Magen Bay Beach
    Beautiful beach, however there was little value in the price paid. The price basically included admission to the beach (which was $2.00USD) and transportation to the beach (20 minutes by bus). We paid $180 for a family of 4 for a 2 hour trip to a beach. Since it was crowded, the area of the beach we were dropped off at did not have beach chairs to use or to rent. There was a picnic table that was available to use. In the future, I would take a cab on my own.
    View All 233 Magen Bay Beach Reviews