3. Norwegian Bliss
We have been on 4 NCL cruises and this time we were lucky to get an upgrade to the Haven. This is the first time I am writing a review,so I will apologize ahead for how long it is. I had read many reviews and tips about the Haven experience and my expectations were pretty high. I am happy to say all my expectations were surpassed, from the time we went through the security line and we were whisked away into the private lounge downstairs, checked in there. We were offered some light refreshments and then taken upstairs to comfy chairs to wait for the ship to be cleared so we can board, oh and offered more light refreshments and drinks. We were a little apprehensive because our friends were not in the Haven and we worried about any issues that could arise from this, but our concierge took all that worry away. We had no problem making dinner, show or speciality dining reservations with our friends and we even were able to have them to dinner one evening in the Haven, which was so much fun. We had seen many pictures of the Haven rooms and facilities but I have to say when you walk through the doors into the Haven it was beautiful, pictures do not do it justice. We had the Penthouse Cortyard room, it was nicely decorated and spacious. My only complaint would be the closet could not close with the hangers with the robes on them because it was not wide enough. But there are 2 closets, so really not an issue. The bathroom was a nice size and had a tub and shower combo. We were on deck 17 so we had the bigger balcony but we didn’t real use it because there were so many places to be outside in the Haven that we didn’t want to spend it on our balcony. We had heard sometimes there are a lot of kids in the pool and some people didn’t like that, but after being in here ..yes there are kids in the pool, but I found them to be very nice and the other reason for this is no kids under 16 are allowed out on the sun deck, so for the younger kids this is the only place for them to be in any water. I love kids so it didn’t bother us at all and there were plenty of places for us adults to go in the Haven if you wanted some quiet time or a hot tub to go in. Most times on the sun deck, my husband and I were the only 2 people in the hot tub or on the sun deck. It was amazing. The Haven bar was fun and the bartender s were great, we had Dhruv and Glen who were awesome. Ask them for the Smoky Old Fashion, it’s amazing. Now onto to the Haven Restaurant, I had read many reviews about this and all I can say is Wow. From the time you walk up the stairs and are greeted by the hostess Li Beth with the biggest smile every day to the MaitreD who always was there for anything you needed no request too small to the food which was incredible. Yes the menu does not change, but each dish was delicious, so we didn’t get tired of the menu. We also had 3 speciality dinners. We went to all the shows on the Bliss,. Jersey Boys was awesome. We really enjoyed Havana, some people didn’t enjoy it because it didn’t have a real story line, but it wasn’t supposed to it was about the dancing /era, we thought it was great. Prohibition was a lot of fun, the drinks were good too. The Beatles show for us was just ok. Go carts were a lot of fun, definitely worth a try. We booked this early in the day before any drinking begun..lol. If you get a chance to go on the Bliss you won’t be disappointed, it’s a beautiful ship . I think the improvements with the Observation lounge and moving the cafe to just below it were really a great idea.The Casino was really big,we didn’t do well there, but did see other people win. Still had fun. My husband liked the Humidor better this time because they stopped people from smoking cigarettes in there, so he said it was better.

Cruise of a lifetime in the Haven

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Momhorne