3. Norwegian Epic
This is was our 8th NCL cruise and probably the best. I don't usually do the review thing but after reading some of the ridiculous comments made on Cruise critic about this trip I felt the need to comment. Really not sure what some people are looking for in a vacation but everyone we met and spoke to had the same opinion, the price, the service, the food and the entertainment are first class. Some pathetic comments like * We could't go near the casino because of the smell of smoke- Absolute rubbish, we walked through the casino at least three times a day and only caught a whiff of cigar smoke once. Not really a tragedy. I wish Cruise Crtic would vet some pathetic claims that are just so unworthy as information. * The service was slow in some of the restaurants-What is the rush? we ate in Cagneys, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, La Cucina, Manhattan, Shanghai and Taste all served superbly ( I have a restaurant so this is my profession also). We were seated, given menu's, iced water and our drinks and food orders were taken in the normal way. I suggest that some fast food clients mainly from US slow down a bit and look at how hard the wait staff are working, cut them a bit of slack and enjoy the meal instead of trying to eat at 100 miles an hour. * The buffet was not varied enough- the breakfast choices are superb as is the lunch offerings, we ate on a couple of evenings at the buffet, the first time was the fish night and was very good we both had Salmon en croute that was fantastic, the second time we ate Suckling Pig that was to die for. My advice is to the customer not NCL! people need to take a good look at how they behave whilst at the buffet and bars, the way some people spoke to the wait staff and chefs etc, was appalling. Shouting at the chef because he forgot to put spinach in your omelette makes you look so stupid. Not being aware of other people around you and just pushing in to ensure you get what you want is also bad form. I also saw this at every bar, not sure how some of you are raised but when you wait and someone is clearly ahead of you, you say " after you" or " I think that guy was before me" Manners cost nothing I just wish people knew how to behave. * We never saw our cabin steward-Oh boo hoo, our cabin steward (Anthony deck 9) was fantastic, they have so much to do and they do it very well. Our room was spotless and when we did see him he was always so good and we didn't tip until the last day. I feel that the levels of expectation are way above what you are paying, on average most people pay around $100 per day for the cruise, some more, some less. When you think what you are getting ie food, drink, entertainment and overall quality,Im not sure these complainers should be on a cruise. I love the product provided by NCL, I suppose it comes down to how you are as a person, I just wish NCL could review its customers, because some of you should be ashamed of how you are behaving. All other aspects of the cruise were great and we are booked to go again early 2019.On the up side, hopefully these minute complainers will venture to another cruise line and leave NCL to all the people that appreciate the outstanding quality given.

NCL Fantastic Again

steventrace’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 9086
Superb stateroom, love the curved design and always laugh when people complain about the open bathroom. It was spacious, masses of storage space and the bed is just so comfortable.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Barcelona
    Great embarkation, arrived at 11am and was drinking a Rum Champ by midday.
    View All 2,245 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Toboggan Rides
    Booked the complete Madeira tour at $120 per person and I have to say we were disappointed.The tour stated a wine tasting at a bodega, actually it was a lace shop and the tasting was not worth the trouble, we then went on the cable car to the toboggan ride,it was torrential rain(not the tour companies fault) and it should have been cancelled. Instead we got soaked through and then had to ride back to the port and wait one and a half hours before we could get back onto the ship. (port blaming NCL and NCL blaming port). Spoke to excursions desk who offered a small compensation and most importantly said they would re-write the description of the tour.
    We priced the activities individually and we could have done the whole lot for about $70 pp.
    View All 45 Toboggan Rides Reviews
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Chose to self disembark (have done this for the last 5 trips) very relaxed and stress free.
    Big lack of ground transportation to Orlando hotels etc. Took the NCL bus $25 pp but only to the airport, then took an Uber to our resort. Really needs a few companies offering a shuttle service to Orlando. There was 3 ships docked and approx 8,000 people so im sure the demand is there.
    View All 2,149 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Review
  • Magen Bay Beach
    Visited Magens bay 25 years ago and loved it. This time it was seriously lacking in facilities ie sun beds, shades, toilets. Only one bar with the rudest bar tenders on the island. One of the top ten beaches in the world, I don't think so.
    View All 236 Magen Bay Beach Reviews