3. Anthem of the Seas
This ship conveniently leaves out of NJ, it is new and big. The dates aligned with my kids, 11 and 13, having off from school. It was our 5th cruise. We also sailed in Carnival and MSC. We have enjoyed all of them. We hit a 20 minute traffic jam driving to the port at around 11:30 AM, but once we got to the port, embarkation was fast and smooth. On disembarkation morning, there was a 1 hour line to go through customs. Balcony cabin 13216 was comfortable and spacious for our family of 4. The balcony was worthy, even when sailing during cold season. Restaurants I guess everybody read the reviews in Cruise Critic and headed to Cafe Two70. While it was a long line there, the Windjammer was not crowded at all, with plenty of tables available. We bought the 5 night specialty dinner package and had MTD the other two nights. Jamie's Italian was my wife's favorite restaurant. The food and service was exceptional. We had the plank for appetizer and dessert. It was a lot of fun. Chops was my favorite restaurant as they had the best New Zealand lamb chops. The branzino was ok. Wonderland was my kids' favorite restaurant. We went there twice. It is definitely worth a visit. We tried all 5 entries. The pork belly was surprisingly delicious. The slow cooked beef was also amazing. My wife loved the Halibut. We enjoyed Izumi, but the a la carte menu gave me the impression the other 3 restaurants had better value for the money. The first night we tried MTD, we showed up without reservation at 6 PM. We were sited immediately at the Silk. We had a nice table next to a window and became friends with the couple on the table next to us. Service was great; however, the food was not. The fish had a very strong fishy taste, and the steak was just ok. The second time we tried MTD we showed up at 6:30 without reservation and had to wait about 10 minutes. We were sited at the American Icon. The food and service were great. It is a hit or miss with the included restaurants. The Asian food at the Windjammer was my favorite. I noticed how some foods could have been warmer, but I thought the buffet was great overall. Bars/Drinks We liked the NorthStar bar, Boleros and the bar at the solarium. The NorthStar bar had beautiful views and attentive service. The Solarium bar had fresh squeezed orange juice. At Boleros Oky always was helpful and learned quickly how my wife and I liked our drinks. Most other bars would make the mixed drinks too sweet. The martinis at two70 could have been better. It was nice seeing the robot make your drinks, but they were also sweet, unless you make your own. It helps to ask the bartenders for the brand of liquor you want and the proportions you like. I thought the drink package was a great deal. The specialty coffees at the Windjamer were included. Entertainment This ship is huge and has many things to do. Flowrider, climbing wall, Ifly, NorthStar, trapeze classes, bumper cars .. etc. The live bands were good. We liked the U2 tribute band, especially when they performed at Two70. Candela in Boleros was entertaining. Matt Yee was funny, but I think he repeats the same jokes every night. I saw the Royal Swedes twice. One night they sang all the nice popular songs most people are familiar with. The second night, they sang several songs in a row that only 1 or 2 people knew ... why? They had two comedians, both were funny. The Quest and The Love and Marriage games are not to be missed. The silent party was awesome .. but I wished they had more nights like that. We missed the sail away and theme parties we've had in previous cruises. Two70 didn't have any virtual concerts only virtual fireworks. Shows Spectra - I was disappointed as I thought it was going to be risqué, but it wasn't. The saxophonist was my favorite. The Gift - Had a very elaborate production. I knew the story beforehand, otherwise, I would have been lost .. and I was at times. We Will Rock You - Talented actors, but I wish they had sang more songs. Singing Bohemia Rhapsody at the end was worth it. The band was phenomenal. Ports Bermuda was great. We took a van to Horseshoe Bay for $7 a person. The beach was fantastic. We then took a taxi to Hamilton, for $20. Hamilton had nice restaurants and shopping, but it was expensive. On the second day, we stayed close to the cruise port and spent the day at Snorkel Park. It has a $5 entrance fee. Chairs are $5 and umbrellas $10. Mixed drinks are about $10 and I saw people paying $15 for a small shot of Patron. The beach was clean and the water calm, like a pool. The water in November was cold. Boston was the second port but it did not make sense to make it a port stop on this cruise. We love Boston, but we have been there many times. We walked 20 mins to Faneuil Marketplace and went back to the ship after a couple of hours. On the good side, we got to enjoy the ship to ourselves. Photos Better to buy a package before sailing. Read carefully what you are going to get. The photo crew was very nice, we always had a great time, specially with Candela, the photographer. Kids Club My kids never went to the kids club, so we can't comment on it. They thought the cruise was exceptional. We had an amazing cruise. Service all accross the ship was exceptional. I definitely recommend this ship to my friends and I would sail on it again. Cheers

Enjoyable vacation with many activities

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by arangom

Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 13216
The cabin was spacious and clean. The balcony was perfect without any obstruction. It was close to major activities and the buffet. I would reccomment the cabin.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins