3. Norwegian Dawn
Norweigen Dawn My cabin was a Mini-Suite I have taken more than ten cruises and it was the worst ever. The food at all of the restaurants that I tried (8) was well below par. To put things in perspective, The food that I was served on the airplane going home was better than all of the meals that I had on the ship. Yes the ship food, including their specialty dinning restaurants was below "airline" food! Specifically, the main dinning room, The Venetian, consistently served cold, assembly line cafeteria food. The French onion soup was served luke warm without anything in it. The prime rib was over cooked and tasteless. Shrimp scampi on pasta was cold, dry and boring. The thanksgiving dinner was "crap"! The turkey was very overcooked and dry. The rest of the meal was not worth talking about other than to say that I did not eat it and neither did many other people. I went and got a hamburger after trying that dinner. The Specialty restaurants, Le Bistro and Cagney's were unacceptable! Surf and turf at Cagney's is a small filet and three tiny shrimp grilled on a skewer. They lacked taste, spice or any other redeeming values. The filet was ordered "medium" and was served very rare or "Bleu". After asking me to cut the steak multiple times to verify it was under cooked, the waiter offered to get the pieced cooked some more. I declined this option and requested a new steak. This was a fight! The waiter agreed but the chef refused. Turned out to be an expensive, over rated, poor meal. When this is combined with poor service from waiters that cannot speak English or Spanish, the dinning on this trip was BAD! A classic example was my breakfast on my last day, I ordered an "English" muffin. The waiter brought a bagel to the table and called it an "English muffin". I asked if he knew the difference between an English muffin and a bagel, it was clear that he did not know the difference. This explained why meal orders were screwed up and wrong ALL week. The service was not any better. The cabin stewards loved to slam doors all day and night. The tub in my cabin did not work and was never fixed. The music in the main Atrium was poor, had a significant Latin influence and was the same night after night. The comedy and magic shows were very good. The music and singing is some of the small lounges was good and they were packed. I will not cruise on this ship again.

Old Ship Poor Crew

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by tdboat

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
Norweigen Dawn

My cabin was a Mini-Suite

I have taken more than ten cruises and it was the worst ever.

The food at all of the restaurants that I tried (8) was well below par.

I will not cruise on this ship again.
tdboat’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11178
Cabin was very small and dirty. The prior guests shoes and other items were still in the cabin when I checked in. Not acceptable. Clean the room before your new guests move in!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Antigua
    I went to Jolly harbor on my own and found beautiful beaches. I was having a great day and then I met "TEX" who set me up with a trip on a snorkeling boat. I had a fantastic time. I saw the most corals and marine life on this trip and the cost was WAY below the cruise line excursion pricing.
    View All 1,547 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Turtle Swim
    This was a 4.5 hour tour that was too include snorkeling with turtles and sailing. We motored along at about 2 knots for the bulk of the trip. We spent very little time in the water snorkeling and I was the only person the find or see a turtle. This could have been a 2 hour tour and we would have done as much. The operator is dragging their feet to make the tour seem grander.
    View All 87 Turtle Swim Reviews
  • Rainforest
    This was a long bus ride to the airport. The rain forest was beautiful but for a 4 hour tour they should have had water on the bus and spent more time in the rain forest. The time in the rain forest was very limited and we NEVER got off the paved road.
    View All 108 Rainforest Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This was a good trip and a lot of fun. The snorkeling was good but way too short lived. Too much time motoring the boat along slowly. The excursion was not very efficient and was looking to eat up a bunch of time to make the trip last longer than it should have lasted to make the 4 hour time target.
    View All 68 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Beach
    "The Beach Bash"
    This was the worst tour of all. The beach was nice and there were no vendors but between the construction noise on the bar and the airport 50 yards away it was not peaceful! The water was not clear or pretty and there was enough surge that a number of people got knocked off their feet. I should have gone to the French side of the island.
    The reason the we did not go to the French side was because there were no restaurants on the beach yet. I can live without food for 4 hours! I am looking for a beautiful place to go see and visit.
  • St. John Snorkel/Sail
    This was a nice trip. The crew was very friendly and the boat was nice. The water was beautiful and it was a great trip. The snorkeling left a bit to be desired. Not too mush to see. Actually, the site was very limited.
    View All 181 St. John Snorkel/Sail Reviews