• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Independence of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

If this had been my first transatlantic cruise if would have been my last

Review for Independence of the Seas to Transatlantic
sunset481
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin: Ocean View

In the past five years we have done two transatlantic cruises per year on the Navigator of the Seas. It was not available (supposedly being refurbished - hopefully better than the supposed refurbishment they just completed on the Independence of the Seas).

1. The food in the main Dining room was mediocre at best. Length of time for overall service resulted in missing some of the evening entertainment. Much of the time the food was barely warm.

2. Our cabin attendant – took two days to get tissues after they had been requested, we had to ask for soap to use by the sink to wash our hands (never got any but fortunately I did have some in my toilet articles), we were in a disabled cabin and so asked for a wedge for the door for us to use but each time he gave us one it would disappear the next time he came.

Ocean View

Cabin 2N

Carpet had been pieced together. One part came up causing me to catch my toe in it and fall. Not terribly clean but that was down to the lousy cabin steward. 2nd worst Cruise (Norwegian was the worst), and absolutely the worst overall service.

Port Reviews

Southampton

There were no disabled excursions available so we explored sights near the ship.

St. Maarten