3. Liberty of the Seas
Boarding was relatively easy and got thru customs without a hitch. All went very quickly as did disembarking on the return. We carried on 4 bottles of wine (2 for each stateroom is allowed). There were lots of things for the kids to do. They enjoyed ice skating, the water slides and especially being able to get pizza almost 'around the clock'. We did the character breakfast ($10 extra each person) and were not impressed. The characters wouldn't even do 'autographs' for the kids autograph books, and they didn't have the professional photographer take shots. We had to do it with our own devices. There were so many thing they COULD have done if they had desired to do so, but they really enjoyed the movies both in the theater as well as pool side. They also enjoyed the comedy act in addition to the other productions in the main theater. There is an hour of FREE play on designated machines in the Arcade, but be sure to have the kids 'blocked' from purchases if you don't want any surprises on their 'see pass' charges.They did not go to the structured things for kids or teens on the ship and I didn't bother with trying to encourage them to, so don't know how well those things are opperated. We were in adjoining 'ocean view' state rooms 2652 and 2654 with our adult daughter and 3 grandchildren. Although these rooms are supposed to accommodate 4 passengers, we had 3 in each room and were quite crowded. I was not impressed with the Windjammer buffet, but for cruise ship food, not bad. Each morning I ordered room service to get my morning carafe of coffee.(no charge room service for coffee and continental breakfast, but if you want a full breakfast, there's a $7.95 per ORDER...not per person...for room service) Coffee was strong enough to wake me up each morning before I got up and around. I brought my own creamer, sweetener and coffee syrup so I could 'doctor it up' like I like it. Hubby and grands went to the Windjammer for breakfast each morning while my daughter and I drank our coffee and woke up. I ordered croissants and cream cheese a couple of mornings and toast with jelly and butter on another occasions. The toast was cold and had been hardly toasted. We ate in the main dining room almost ever night during the 8:00 p.m. seating and our wait staff were Ryann and Lou. They did an excellent job and Ryann was wonderful with our grand kids and made them feel so special each night. I requested a fan and an extension cord when I arrived and got to our cabin because I use a C-pap (no electrical outlets near the beds for medical devices), and can't sleep without a fan. They was delivered promptly. Our room steward was lacking in his endeavors. I felt he was either new to the job or just wasn't very good at it. He failed to leave fresh towels after picking up the dirty ones on several days, and I had to call for towels. When we had used up our 'room service cards' he didn't notice and didn't leave any more, so we had to call for more. He only did 'towel animals' on 2 days of the cruise. Bathroom needed some 'mold' attention in the shower. My bed sheet was never 'tucked' on the back side next to the wall and wadded up under me every night, so I didn't rest very well. We had him separate the beds after the first night because my husband is so claustrophobic that he couldn't have our grandson's bed over the top of his. He woke up the first night in the middle of the night with a full blown panic attack (Vietnam veteran with severe PTSD), so after separating the beds, it seemed to give a little more room. I was very disappointed in the Jamaica cruise ship dock. It's owned by RCCL and used by other cruise lines. Although it is very safe for the cruisers because it is a 'gated area' with lots of shop, Margaritaville and tour centers, everything is VERY expensive and far from the downtown area. Anywhere you want to go costs an arm and a leg because there is no where to book excursions or even hire a cab on your own. Everything inside that gate is controlled by the cruise lines and prices are set by the cruise lines. In Cozumel the ship doesn't dock near the down town area either, so it's quite a price to hire a cab to go there or to a private beach area. We spent $80 round trip for 6 people to go to a private beach and water park and another $250 ($45 each) to get into the park (lunch and non-alcoholic drinks were included). It was very 'safe' but so crowded that the water was 'murky' from all the people in it. We spent WAY more money than was expected to be able to enjoy the ports. Grand Cayman was accessed via tender boats, but was in the 'hub' of everything, and we had a wonderful day there and didn't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy it. So if you are on a limited budget, do some 'homework' to be creative to enjoy port days. We bought the $299 picture package, but knew ahead of time that we were planning to do so, so we had them take pics at EVERY opportunity. We had 289 pictures taken by the cruise lines. Not all were GREAT, but they captured a LOT of really good shots for us, especially of formal nights. There are 2 formal nights, and we dressed up for both. We don't dress up often, so we enjoy doing it on cruises and especially with our grand kids along. We usually have Fall family pics done, so this was our time to do family pics. All in all, we did enjoy this cruise, but spent in excess of $8,000 inclusive of cruise tickets, tips, excursions and a night in Galveston before the cruise. I guess for 6 people, that might not sound bad, but keep in mind, we weren't in the most luxurious accommodations, had very few drinks on ship, did not do 'specialty dining' and didn't add any 'frills and thrills' just basically what the cruise ship included in our cruise tickets, but it WAS Thanksgiving week, so.... All in all, we enjoyed our trip with our daughter and grands.

Not comparable to Disney whenit comes to 'character events'.

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Ludyboodie

Ludyboodie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N 2652
Not sure what the N means, but we were in an Ocean View cabin on the 2nd level. VERY small. Supposed to accommodate 4 people, but WAY too crowded for 4 people. We had 3 in each of our rooms (had adjoining rooms with our 3 grand and grown daughter) so we split 3 and 3.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins