3. Viking Skirnir
This was our 1st River Cruise and my wife and I had a fantastic time!! Before I continue I must say that Stephen Guy, our Cruise Director, was beyond phenomenal!!! He enhanced our cruise experience so much! When we would come back from an excursion, and hear his friendly voice, we felt that we were back home! We booked the post extension stay in Amsterdam and so glad we did! Doing the B>A cruise you must do the extension in order to visit this charming city! We did have one ship swap in the middle of our cruise which was seamless! We did have to eliminate one of the optional excursions in Nuremberg! I have to say that we would have been upset if it was more than one ship swap! I know that Viking has no control over the river conditions! We thoroughly enjoyed the casual and open seating dining on the cruise! We met so many new friends on the cruise during breakfast, lunch and dinner! The food throughout the cruise was excellent with many local dishes served according to location! The French Balcony Room was more than adequate! There are so many varied opinions on what room guests prefer! We knew we did not want the room with the small window but we did debate between the French Balcony and the Veranda! The French Balcony was fine as we were hardly in the room except to sleep! All of the excursions were well organized and worthwhile! We booked numerous optional excursions and these were enjoyable as well! We wanted to make the most out of our European experience! Each night before dinner they would review the next days itinerary so that you knew exactly how to plan your day! Each morning you would get a 15 minute warning before your excursions departure! Stephen Guy, our Program Director, was always on top of everything and available for any questions! Each days activities were extremely well organized and planned! The entire staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to please! This made our cruise so much more enjoyable! I would highly recommend that everyone should take a river cruise with Viking! We hope to book another Viking Cruise in the near future!

1st River Cruise

Viking Skirnir Cruise Review by Mcconvi0208

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony
This was our 1st River Cruise and my wife and I had a fantastic time!!

Mcconvi0208’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Skirnir price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 212
The cabin was more than sufficient! We enjoyed having the French Balcony as opposed to the room with the little window! However we were hardly in our room except to sleep!
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins