3. Le Lyrial (Ponant)
This was our first cruise with Ponant and we were not disappointed. It was 5 star all the way. The food was magnificent and delicious for every meal. Our cabin with veranda was completely adequate for our needs as we do not spend much time in there. The toilet was separate to the bathroom which was unusual and very pleasing. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of storage. My only criticism is that the balustrade for the balcony is steel so if sitting on the veranda, one cannot see much at all. A perspex or some other transparent material would be better. Maybe becaue it is an icebreaker - I don't know? Rhis is also our first cruise on a small ship and we were dispoointed some times in the lack of activities in the afternoon. Is this because the passengers are having nana naps?! Staff were excellent and catered to our every request. Shore excursions - we only did one in Tangier which was really good and the other in Casablanca which was only satisfactory because we were put on a bus with French speakers and their French guide who dominated our English speaking guide and monopolised the microphone on the bus. There is not a lot to see in Casablanca and I felt that the tour was "padded out" with useless information to fill in time. One could easily walk from the port to the mosque and that's all you really need ro see. While we loved the cruise, I am not sure that I would do a small ship cruise again as we had some not rough seas, but serious swells that made quite a few people sea sick. I have been on big ships with rough seas and never felt sick like I did on this one.

Absolute Luxury

Le Lyrial (Ponant) Cruise Review by SweeeetRose

Staff were excellent and catered to our every request.

SweeeetRose’s Full Rating Summary
Get Le Lyrial (Ponant) price drops

See above

• Casablanca
    Don't waste money on an expensive shore excursion. You can walk to the mosque and market from the port but ber careful whenyoui cross the street - they seem to have no regard for road rules. Casablanca is noisy and dirty but we felt quite safe.
    View All 71 Casablanca Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Casablanca Cruise Port Review
  • Walking Tour
    Tangier was charming and we really enjoyed our walking tour through the old city, along winding streets, past riads and little shops. Our guide was terrific. We went to Cap Spartel where the Mediterranean meets the Atlantic and it was quite spectacular. Later, he took us to the magnificent Continental Hotel for mint tea and pastries. Delightful.
    View All 5 Walking Tour Reviews