This was our second cruise with Crystal - we took their Baltic Cruise on Crystal Symphony last year - and were very happy with that.
I'll list the things that we liked, and the things that went wrong. I have e-mailed Crystal twice since we returned pointing out these issues, but other than getting a standard "form"-type reply, we've heard nothing. This was the President's Cruise and we met him, Tom Wolber, and his family, in Barcelona - so next, I'll be writing to him.
- Stateroom: Our stateroom on Deck 8 was up to the usual high standards, and the room attendants were very friendly, helpful, and kept our cabin clean. We typically had breakfast in our room and the Room Service staff were excellent - always a smile on their faces and a cheery "good morning".
- Dining: The number of dining options, whether for dinner or lunch was excellent. From the specialty restaurants, like Prego and Silk Road, to the casual Bistro and Lido, both the food and service were excellent.
- Entertainment: We often went to the Galaxy Lounge after dinner, and the entertainment was good. We especially liked the Crystal Showband and Dancers, and the Comedian.
- Excursions: This was very much a mixed bag, excellent for the Bordeaux ones, miserable for Lisbon (see below)
WHAT WENT WRONG.
- Stateroom: Like a number of our new-found dining friends, the bed-linens and towels were overly-bleached, causing me to sneeze every night, and my wife to develop sores on her lips (to the point that she went to see the ship's doctor). One of our fellow travelers described their stateroom as "toxic". We called the Front Desk and were informed this was not unusual, and these items would be washed less aggressively.
- Excursions: (1): Our first excursion, in Guernsey, was cancelled at the last minute, and all the others were full, so we created our own tour. (2): Bordeaux: We had an excellent guide, but on two trips the air conditioning on the buses didn't work, and we all got very sweaty. After many complaints, Crystal offered everyone on those two tours a discount. (3): This was our first trip to Lisbon, and we were looking forward to visiting the place where they make the delicious Portuguese custard pastries. But we were disappointed when they substituted a (closed) museum cafe. That, plus another bus with broken air conditioning (it was 103 degrees F in the shade), that the bus company had to swap out.