In our opinion, the Nov 11, 2018, Danube cruise was one of the best cruises we've ever been on--which had a lot to do with the staff and the cruise manager. The beauty of Vilshofen all the way to Budapest was breathtaking. Most of the people who took the cruise were over 50, but they were very active and all of the active tours were completely full. The relaxing part was saved for the evening, where AMA spared no expense for incredible meals and libations. Top notch. I really wish I had two to three days in Vienna and Budapest. Wow. That 15 mile bike ride through Vienna was unbelievable. The Danube River was so low, unfortunately, that we could not go from Vienna to Budapest (we took a bus). Even with something that they couldn't control, AMA still managed everything with class by putting us up in a wonderful hotel (on the river) and we all us did a river cruise evening meal to see the evening illuminations . We got to enjoy Budapest in comfort and are so thankful. Which I'm sure was an extra expense to AMA--classy. I will say that the arrangements that had to be taken in order to arrange this last day in Budapest were handled incredibly by John our cruise director. He dealt with things that were very difficult, but yet he calmly met all challenges in such a way that deserves massive credit. His knowledge, professionalism, people skills and ability to handle pressure really came shining through. John--thanks to you from all of us (that cruise was incredible in every way). Thank you AMA - we're already planning our next cruise with you for next year.

The Danube River in Nov - Thank you AMA and our cruise director

AmaLea Cruise Review by dan.p.cannon

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Europe

The beauty of Vilshofen all the way to Budapest was breathtaking.

Thank you AMA - we're already planning our next cruise with you for next year.
dan.p.cannon’s Full Rating Summary