3. Pride of America
This was a trip that we saved up and looked forward to for a year. When we got to the ship we found it to feel old and dated as well as rundown. The staff was friendly however I felt as if the ship was theirs and that we were invading there space. I also felt like we were always in the way. On this cruise we were in room 9150 unbeknownst to us the ship would be doing a major repair to a lifeboat hoist during our entire cruise. at ever port the ship was listing to the side of repair along with nonstop banging welding grinding painting of the hoist and track system. At one point this work began at 4 am. Our patio was covered in metal and grinding materials. This was not the relaxing trip we had planned at all. I do believe that this is also the reason the NaPali coast was taking out of the trip. I feel like we were cheated out of the cruise we were promised and sold by NCL. It was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime instead it was very expensive sad experience for us (on the ship). Had NCL notified us of the repairs or the NaPali coast being removed we would have booked it at another time. The only great service we received was form Andrew our room steward. This Ship feels very old for its age it is an oddly laid out ship with may off limit areas that make it feel sort of strange. It also has a lot of dead ends. This ship also smells badly. Outside it smells of diesel fuel very strongly on the top decks. on the inside the public restroom smell like an interstate restroom that has not been cleaned in a week. One restroom even had leaking pipes with catch basins under the leaks. It our state room the floor drain smelled of sewage and we had to cover it everyday with a towel.The ports that this ship uses are shipping ports. not sure that there is another option but its very dirty unfriendly and just a poor exit and entry for Hawaii. The security at the ports was also not very friendly and a hassle. We were never told what could be brought onboard an what could not. At the Maui port I had to throw away 5 coke because I was only allowed to bring back one. At night the reentry on the ship felt more like it was for ship members only and that you were supposed to be in bed and out of there way. The on shore excursions were great however they were rushed with little time to experience the place you were at. The on board preparation for the excursions was poor at best. The food and the water was also poor during the excursion. (really one water for the day) The ship runs very slowly to its ports so instead of seeing Hawaii a lot of the time your floating from port to port. I was very much looking forward to using NCL for this cruise having only been on Carnival in the past. I had even bragged it up to my friends. I'm now a little embarrassed as to what Im reporting back to them as both the Carnival cruises I had been on far surpassed this cruise (except the food) the NCL food is fantastic. We were planning the Nova Scotia and Alaska Cruise with NCL but now I think we will be shopping around. All in all I was very disappointed in the NCL experience and wishing I had just booked flights to each of the Islands. Wish I could rate this better but I can't.

We were ripped off by NCL on this cruise!!!!

Pride of America Cruise Review by Andrewshadetree

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Andrewshadetree’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9150
Very small hard to get around. bath room smelled of sewage. AC worked good. Cabin Steward was good. Lifeboat repairs we ongoing everyday of this cruise absolutely killing any chance of relaxation. no notice of this given by NCL prior to the trip or during the reservation
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins