3. Carnival Miracle
Embarkation was very smooth under the new system. Port of Tampa is an absolute traffic disaster but that is not Carnival's fault. The miracle is the type of Carnival ship that I like. It hasn't been "refitted" which for carnival usually means squeezing more rooms in and creating even more choke points. I like that there is a full dedicated dance club, comedy club and lounges. There are two pools and even a 3rd decent size one in serenity. I can't fault carnival for the serenity pool looking like one of the 25 rednecks that never left it sharted along with urinating in it. The ship is very clean. Our room steward does a great job even though carnival has really cut down on staffing. The staff in the dinning room is great as well considering staffing levels. The food is... Well, it is rather bland overall and the deserts in the buffet are a new level of terrible. I am not kidding. I can't even convey the level of oddness and lack of flavor. I do have to give them credit at attempting actual key lime pie although they got it a bit wrong and it looked a lot like snot. Be prepared to use a lot of salt which is funny because you have to ask for salt and pepper shakers now. I see all kinds of "wifi everywhere" badges throughout the ship. Well, apparently "everywhere" doesn't include our room. If I huddle next to the door, I can get a reliable connection. The bed requires a miracle and out on the balcony is unthinkable. To add insult to this, I actually got a better signal from the Norwegian breakaway that was positioned about a half mile away tendering in Belize. I am not kidding. Bear in mind, I am not complaining about the speed of their internet service, just the wifi coverage in our room. Considering what we paid for the "premium" internet package, I am a bit disspointed. The room is nice however every night around midnight we wake up drenched in sweat. It feels like the humidity skyrockets. We have to try to sleep with no covers and then guess what? Around 4am or so it is nice and cold. Makes for a terrible night's sleep. That is all with the thermostat pegged to its coldest setting. There is a mini "fridge" that gets kinda cool so that is nice. The bed is maybe a little on the comfier side for carnival. It almost feels like an air mattress if you sit on it. Overall, we are still enjoying our vacation and like the boat. Oh yeah, half of the cardio machines in the gym do not work. They should not have gone with touchscreen models in a high use environment.

Bland food, terrible wifi coverage and sporadic air conditioning but clean

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by OhhWell

Overall, we are still enjoying our vacation and like the boat.

OhhWell’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 8192
Terrible wifi coverage and very erratic climate controls. It is directly below the lido buffet so I have no idea why I hear running and sometimes heavy equipment moving around late into the night.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins