Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Horsey26

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Whilst I saw some of the most amazing ports in the world. I was not so impressed with the cruise and its staff. Even thought our party of four all had MY TIME DINING, this was treated with complication for the staff, they had difficulty every night trying to find us table. And even once seated and orders takes we were moved again, only to be returned to the original table. Dinner was very disruptive and disorganised. The food was nice but after a while it all tasted bland. The table service was hit and miss, the waiters did not listen to your orders and dinner was rarely had with out a hitch. The staff were always apologetic, however this did not change the the service. We had Francesco asking us how this could improve and when we started to tell him, announced free Fillet Mignon for all, however we did not get to enjoy it, as we had a show to attend so meals ran late and took a long time, even though we stated we had a show to go to.

WINDJAMMER FOOD was tasteless and disgusting, I was always feeling ill when I ate there. But I had to as the Dinning room was not open early enough on some mornings.

The beauty spa was a horrendous, I had a 7:45pm appointment that I was running 10 minutes early for, I was told that I was running 5 minutes late and that I was not able to have the appointment now. I showed them my appointment docket and they still insisted that I was late and that they could still charge me for the appointment. They were not hospitable and they did nothing to rectify any issues . NEVER AGAIN!!

I was trying to book into the Murder Mystery night and staff booked me into the captains table instead. Staff just did not listen to anything. The lifts were weird, they would only allow 2 to pick people up from all floors whilst 3 would remain empty or next to empty and the 2 that were picking up people were full.

SOLARIUM

Astor this place which is very inviting, but unfortunately people would leave there stuff on chairs from sun up to sun down, even when there weren't using them. So didn't take advantage of that space much.

Horsey26's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 8164

Our room was very nice, but it got cleaned very late in the day. We returned a few times from a shore excursion and wanted to go to our rooms only to be delayed as the room had not been cleaned as yet.

Horsey26